Deal with it!

"They were waiting for me."
Jisung continued.
"Thankfully, they did nothing to my mom, except taking away several years of her life by frightening her so much.

She was as pale as a sheet and trembling. Asking me what was going on.

As soon as they understood I was the one they were here for, one of the gorillas flattened me against the wall and started asking questions about you.

And they were calling you "the rotten CEO's son", saying they needed you alive."

Jisung's voice was shaking.

"I had to explain to them a thousand times I knew nothing about you, nor your habits, besides you coming to my parent's house once in a while in no regular schedule.

And I even had to let them through my phone so that they'd believe I didn't even have your number!
My phone! With all my friends' names and contacts!

And you know what they said?
They said: "we'll keep an eye on you."

THEY'LL KEEP AN EYE ON ME!"

🌸

Hyunjin's pov:

The reality of the situation I had put Jisung and his family in was just exploding to my face.

Suddenly, I was coming to the realization that my illusion of a feeling of safety was infinitely far from being worth its price.

I had to find a solution to my selfishness.

I had to do something.

So I took a second to get my senses back, made a decision, and then replied:

"I'm sorry.

It won't happen again, I promise. I'll take care of this."