Too far

Hyunjin's pov:

So not fun.

I was just teasing, and the dude overreacted.

It was this morning. As always, I gave Jisung his little tasks for the day and as his role imply, he started completing them obediently.

But then, as always, his Elena girlfriend popped up and started doing her thing. Making my errand boy slowing down in his labor.

I came up to him, as a good class rep, and reminded him of his duties. In a –may I say– rather impolite way, he waved his hand and said he'd do it later.

You don't do things later, you do them when they are due!

So, I insisted, and stood there, so he'd understand how important it was for him to go fetch me a coffee at the vending machine.

But for some reason, this perfectly justified attitude of mine got on his nerves.

"Can't you see I'm a little busy right now?" he dared to say, raising his voice in front of the whole class.

"What do you mean busy? Go fetch my coffee."

"I don't have to do that! Go fetch it yourself!"

He would not have dared talk to me like this if I'd had my crew with me, but I made sure to be on my own this time.

"I want you to go! You're my assistant!"

"I'm not your slave!"

"You're just talking to a random classmate!"

As I planned, these words did not make him happy.

"Elena is not a random classmate! She is my girlfriend!"

I could feel people's attention on us and eyes turning towards the scene. So, I said the magic words:

"Oh yeah? You know what? I think I can arrange that.
Just ask her if she wouldn't prefer to go out with me instead."