𝟐𝟏

- Unpleasantville

Grace had been standing in front of her bathroom mirror for the last two hours, getting ready for the school dance that her sister and Caroline are making her go to

Grace had been standing in front of her bathroom mirror for the last two hours, getting ready for the school dance that her sister and Caroline are making her go to. Her bedroom was filled with articles of clothes all over her room to find the perfect outfit for tonight.

It wasn't as if the witch had nothing she could wear, seeing as she had vast array of clothes in her wardrobe from all the parties her parents used to force her to go to and half the time her friends and her sister ends up stealing half of her clothes not like the red headed girl minded.

Grace let out a sigh curling her waist length hair with music playing softly in the background. In truth, the Gilbert girl didn't really feel like going to the dance she wasn't in the mood but Caroline had bribed her into going with takeout later on tonight.

"Grace!" A familiar voice called out her name causing the red headed girl to place down her curlers glancing at herself one last time in the mirror before grabbing her black jacket and rushed to her sisters room who was panicking her eyes settled on the compass that was moving.

"The compass... it just started spinning. What if there's another vampire here" Elena stuttered with a terrified expression on her face as Grace took her sisters hand squeezing it in attempt to comfort her, "Hey, everything going to be okay. I'm going to call Stefan, it might be him seeing as he's your date tonight and if not I'll deal with it. I promise"

Elena took a deep breathe glancing up at her sister with a nod knowing with how powerful Grace is she wouldn't let anyone hurt her family and friends she would fight with everything that's in her before she would let that happen.

Grace pulled out her phone from her jacket pocket and immediately called Stefan while grabbing her sisters hand and dragging them downstairs, " Stefan's phone. How may I help you?" Damon sarcastically questioned causing Grace to roll her eyes in annoyance, " Damon cut the crap, I'm not in the mood for one of your games. Where is Stefan?"

"Oh, come on little red a little harsh don't you think? He's on his way to yours to pick up your sister, forgot his phone" Damon stated causing the two sisters to sigh in relief that the compass probably went off because of Stefan, " thank god. This compass was spinning like crazy. Stefan, must be here. Thank you"

"You're welcome." Damon replied before hanging up the phone turning to face her sister and assured her it's probably just Stefan only for Elena's eyes to widened as a vampire appeared behind the red headed girl, " Grace, look out!"

Grace quickly spun around standing protectively in front of her sister holding out her hand and chanted a spell before the vampire could even think about attacking her, " Motus" causing the vampire to fly back hitting the wall with a loud groan causing him to quickly speed out of the house just as Stefan arrived.