𝟒𝟓

- Founder's Day

The sun was bright and blinding as Grace stirred awake; squinting her eyes as she attempted to wake up properly

The sun was bright and blinding as Grace stirred awake; squinting her eyes as she attempted to wake up properly. Turning her head it didn't take her long until she realised that today was the day of the founders celebration and that she was Miss Mystic Falls so she couldn't get herself out of it especially since she had asked Tyler to be her escort due to Nik unable to attend because of some business he had to deal with.

Grace had pulled herself out of bed as she made her way over towards her closet attempting to pick out a dress for the founders celebration later on today as she didn't know which one to pick - the one Caroline had gotten her or the one Nik had sent her for an apology gift for not able to attend. The red headed girl sighed pulling out the two dresses placing the two against her body in hopes to be able to choose one perfect for the float.

The dress that Nik had gotten her was a luxurious, floor length dress that covered her arms with a golden and slight green colour. The dress was absolutely beautiful and couldn't believe that he had gotten her dress like this, Grace couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face as she had never seen a dress this beautiful before as she placed the dress on the hanger before putting the purple puffy dress that Caroline had gotten her back in her wardrobe.

Grace grabbed the hanger that the dress was on before making her way towards her sisters bedroom as the two girls decided to get ready with one another with the help of their aunt Jenna who would do their hair and makeup for the founders celebration. Once Jenna had finished Grace's look for the founders celebration the young teen took the dress from the hanger and put it on loving the way it seemed to fit her body perfectly.

Moving over towards Elena's floor length mirror, Grace couldn't help but smile at her reflection. Her bright red hair was loosely curled with curled pieces framing her face. She had her makeup done dark with a smokey-eye with a gold shimming glitter that has matched perfectly with her dress and also wore a nude pink lipstick. The dress fell elegantly, fitting with her curves and while she didn't want to admit it but Nik actually had amazing taste when it came to dresses.

Grace smiled at Elena who looked at her sister in awe and amazement as she looked absolutely breathe-taking in the golden dress she was wearing and looked like a princess. The youngest twin sent a reassuring look to Elena leaving Jenna to help her get ready as she made her way back towards her bedroom opening her closet and grabbed a pair of golden strapped heels that she had hidden at the back of her wardrobe to match the dress she was currently wearing hiding the necklace that Nik had given her when they first met under her dress.

Meanwhile, at Mystic Falls High School Stefan was stood outside waiting for this girlfriend to arrive so that they could make their way to the float together only for him to roll his eyes in annoyance when his older brother walked over to him with an amused smirk on his face, " Look at you, all retro" Damon sarcastically called out to his little brother causing Stefan to place his hands in his pockets letting out a huff of annoyance and inquired, " what are you doing here?"