𝟎𝟐

- The Return

The next morning, Grace made her way to the hospital as soon as Matt called her informing that Caroline was now out of surgery and fully awake causing the red headed girl to attend to her best friends every need which wasn't surprising seeing as i...

The next morning, Grace made her way to the hospital as soon as Matt called her informing that Caroline was now out of surgery and fully awake causing the red headed girl to attend to her best friends every need which wasn't surprising seeing as if it was the other way around Caroline would no doubt end up probably doing the exact same thing for her.

"Are you sure you don't want anything to eat?" Grace questioned with an concerned look on her face as she held a couple of magazines in her hands, "You've been out for most of the night and you haven't even touched your gross hospital jello. Unless you want me to go to the grill to get you something decent to eat" Caroline shook her head in reassurance as she grabbed Grace hand, " I'm fine, Grace. Trust me" Caroline beamed at her, " Besides, I rather talk to you about the British painter you've been saying. Come on I need details you've hardly even told me about him"

Grace furrowed her brows as she climbed into the bed next to Caroline as she let out a sigh tossing the magazines on the table next to the bed, " Well, if you want to know so badly, Nik's 25..." Caroline chuckled lightly as she wiggled her eyebrows playfully, " Oh, he's older. Definitely you're type then" Grace giggled nudging her shoulder against hers softly as she continued, " He's 25, he's kind of a history nerd, he knows everything about everything but I guess that's why I like him so much he's not like any other guy I've dated he's actually really smart. He's a little mysterious about his family though, He says it's complicated, must be why I've never met any of his siblings"

"Yikes, I'm sensing he has a lot of baggage" Caroline spoke sending the red headed girl a sympathetic look but Grace just shrugged her shoulders in return, "As someone who has baggage herself, I'm not one to judge. Besides, he's different with me while he might come by as a tortured artist there's just something about him... I can't explain it. I have always come second to Elena my whole life in everything but Nik he's always been there for me and puts me first no matter what it may be"

"You'll always be the one I choose first Grace. Your my person and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you" Caroline spoke causing tears to fill Grace's eyes as she smiled softly bringing the blonde into a tight embrace, " I'm so happy that you're okay. I wouldn't know what to do without the Caroline Forbes by my side" The two girls pulled apart as their chatter quickly ceased when Bonnie and Matt entered the room.

The dark-skinned girl was shocked to see Grace sitting next to Caroline in the hospital bed having a heart to heart but wasn't surprised seeing that the two girls acted more like sisters than best friends and knew that they would always be there for each other just like she is with Elena. Caroline beamed brightly at Matt and Bonnie not noticing the awkward tension between her two best friends, "Jersey Shore's on" Caroline stated happily as Bonnie sighed in relief rushing towards the blonde pulling her into a tight hug causing her to wince slightly, " Oh, Careful, still a little sore."

Bonnie immediately pulled away with an apologetic look and muttered under her breathe, " Sorry" Caroline smiled in reassurance as she glanced between Bonnie, Grace and Matt and informed, " but they say I'm healing really quickly" Grace and Bonnie shared a look knowing exactly why due to Damon giving the Forbes girl his blood for heal her injuries as if Damon didn't do this there would of been a chance where they would of lost Caroline for good.