𝟎𝟓

- Brave New World

After Caroline had rushed off, Grace was now walking around the carnival eating some blue cotton candy when her phone rang in her pocket causing her to stop the conversation she was having with her brother

After Caroline had rushed off, Grace was now walking around the carnival eating some blue cotton candy when her phone rang in her pocket causing her to stop the conversation she was having with her brother. She pulled her phone out of her pocket only for a bright smile to appear on her lips when she saw who it was that was calling her.

Jeremy cleared his throat causing her green eyes to flicker over to her younger brother who raised his brows with an amused smile on his lips, " so that would be the boyfriend, right? The one you met in New York?" Grace sent him an unimpressed look as she shoved him slightly causing him to laugh loudly at the blush that appeared on her cheeks, " shut up! He's probably calling as I've not spoken to him in a couple of days since what had happened with the device and the fact that Caroline got into a car accident"

"It's fine" Jeremy smiled with a shake of his head as his sister handed him her cotton candy and the sweets that she had gotten for aunt Jenna. His eyes lingered on his sister for a moment as he was happy for her as Grace hasn't ever been this happy before even when she was with Tyler as he ended up treating her badly but she stayed with him as she thought that what love was until she met Nik who showed her differently.

"Hey, Nik" Grace spoke into the phone as her fingers twisted around the chain of her necklace that Nik had given her when she visited New York. " Hello, love. How's your night going?" Nik voice came through the other end causing her to bite her lip as she had missed him as he travels a lot so they arrange to meet out of town whenever he's free and not traveling the world.

Grace had never felt this way about anyone before and that scared her; she didn't know what it was but she was drawn to him and no matter how many times she tried to stay away from him she just can't and knew she was falling in love with him, " it's going fine, I guess." She spoke with a shrug of her shoulders, " you remember my friend Caroline. Well, she's been discharged from hospital which is good as she seems fine after the car accident. I'm with my brother at my high school carnival and I bribed Matt to win me another stuffed animal"

"Who's Matt?" Nik curiously questioned in a jealous tone causing the red headed girl to giggle shaking her head in amusement and assured him, " No need to be jealous, Nik. He's just my friend nothing romantically ever happened as he dated my twin sister and that would just be weird and awkward" Nik hummed from the other side of the phone, " I am not jealous..." Grace chuckled not believing a word he was saying, "What's there's to be jealous about? Anyway I'm gonna be in Washington in a couple days. It's gonna be lonely without you. What you say on leaving town for a couple of days to keep me company?"

" I'd love to" Grace beamed but frowned when she noticed Elena, Stefan and Damon making their way towards her, " I have to go, handsome. I have to find my brother who has disappeared with my Cotten candy. I'll call you later, okay?" Nik chucked from the other side end, " Alright, I'll see you soon, love" Grace pulled the phone away from her ear as soon as the call ended with a smile small on her lips as even though she's only been dating him for a couple of months she really did like him as he was everything every girl wanted in a guy, British, charming, smart and the fact the two of them also have a lot in common especially when it comes to art.