𝟒𝟔

- Founder's Day

Grace was standing on the float with Tyler behind her as he had his hands wrapped around her waist as she placed a smile on her lips sharing a look with Caroline who beamed at her excitedly, " Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Falls High School ...

Grace was standing on the float with Tyler behind her as he had his hands wrapped around her waist as she placed a smile on her lips sharing a look with Caroline who beamed at her excitedly, " Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Falls High School marching band" Carol Lockwood announced causing the crowd to cheer loudly waving at the people who took part in the parade, " and for a little local history, Mr Saltzman's students have re-created Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek"

"Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls court and their handsome escorts" Carol continued as Grace was waving to the crowd from her position with Elena and Caroline doing the same thing from their own positions with their escorts, " This is Grace Gilbert, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful"

Grace eyes scanned the crowd as she couldn't help but smile brightly at her hand waving but her eyes connected with Bonnie who was smiling at her friends on the float only for Damon to appear in front of her waving sarcastically at the Gilbert twins only for the red headed girl to send him an unimpressed look sharing an annoyed look with Elena and Stefan who shook their heads at the oldest Salvatore dramatics.

Bonnie smile faded from her face as it was soon replaced with a scowl as she narrowed her eyes at Damon and questioned , "what do you want?" Damon had a small smile on his lips as he shrugged his shoulders casually and replied, " just watching the parade. Where are you going?" Damon questioned when Bonnie turned around about to walk away only for her to come to a stop as she snapped, " away from you"

" I want to say something" Damon called out walking closer to Bonnie who rolled her eyes in annoyance glaring over the vampire and harshly warned him, " just leave me alone" The Salvatore vampire ignored her as he sent her a grateful look and resorted, " Thank you. The device that Emily spelled could have killed me. Grace told me to trust you, which was hard for me, and she knew that. I don't take what you did lightly, so... thank you"

Bonnie stayed silent for a moment as she took in Damon's words glancing over at her best friends before turning her attention back to the vampire as she replied, "I did it for Elena and Grace" Damon nodded his head in agreement as he knew that was the only reason she had helped them with the spell even though Grace could of easily done it, "I know that, but I'm still very grateful. And... I owe you."

Bonnie didn't say anything as she tried to hide the guilty look on her face as she promised to remove the spell but she did the opposite but in that moment Bonnie thought what she was doing was right and didn't know what the consequences were when it came to device as she shot Damon one last look before turning on her heel walking away when Damon happily called after the Bennett witch, "Enjoy the parade."

❀❀❀❀

After taking part in the parade, Grace returned to the Gilbert's household to change out of the dress she had been wearing all day before making her way towards the grill when Damon caught sight of her causing a small smile to appear on his lips, " I like you better like this. Period look, it didn't suit you" Grace gasped with an offended expression on her face as she playfully slapped his chest, " is that an insult? I'm just grateful to get out of that horrid dress. It might of been beautiful but I feel sorry for women that had to dress up like that on a daily basis"