𝟑𝟔

- Under Control

" Come on, Jeremy" Grace called out as she walked down the staircase in the Gilbert's residence, " we're going to school

" Come on, Jeremy" Grace called out as she walked down the staircase in the Gilbert's residence, " we're going to school. Walking out the door now" After saving Stefan from being kidnapped a couple of days ago, the twins had spent their time hauled up in the house wanting to catch a break but it never lasts long especially with Elena worried about how Stefan had been acting recently since she's fed him her blood.

Jenna walked over towards the red headed girl with her history book in her hands and spoke, " you forgot this" Grace smiled with a thankful look on her face as she grabbed the book from Jenna and placed it in her bag before opening the door causing the three girls to freeze with a look of horror on their faces at the sight of John Gilbert standing on their porch.

Grace let out an annoyance groan, she hadn't seen John in years and the last time she saw him was when she was 12 as her father invited him from Christmas dinner. The only good thing she remembered about that day was Jenna launching a glass vase at his head and it looked like she wasn't the only one happy with John's presence.

John who was oblivious to looks the three women were giving him as a smile appeared on his face his eyes flickering towards the twins and greeted, " Elena, Grace" The two girls shared a look before the brunette forced a tight smile on her face and replied, " Uncle John. Hi"

"Jenna" John greeted turning his attention to the strawberry blonde girl causing Jenna to roll her eyes in annoyance as she spoke in a bored tone, " John. You made it" John brushed passed Elena and Grace as he walked into the house and informed, " I said I'd be in by noon"

Jenna clenched her jaw tightly narrowing her eyes at John watching as he walked into the house like he owned the place, "What you say and what you do are typically two very different things." Jeremy walked down the steps only for frown at the sight of John and greeted, "Uncle John. What's up?"

"Hey..." John trailed off watching as Jeremy walked out of the house without a care in the world causing Grace eyes to widened as she sent an apologetic look to her sister and Jenna and spoke, " So, I'm gonna go before I'm late for school. Jeremy! Wait up" the red headed girl yelled after her brother rushing out of the house not noticing the disbelief look on Elena's face as she watched both her siblings ditch her wanting to be as far away from their uncle John as possible.

" I had some business in town, I thought a visit was in order" John explained glancing between Elena and Jenna as the brunette raised her brows and curiously questioned, " How long are you staying?" John shrugged his shoulders casually staring at the brunette and answered, " I don't know yet"

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go school. I'll see you later" Elena said sending Jenna a supporting look before turning around and leaving the Gilbert residence shutting the door behind her making her own way to school as Jeremy and Grace had already left.