𝟑𝟎

- A Few Good Men

It had been a couple of days since Grace found out Sheila Bennett died after she and Bonnie undid the boundary spell on the tomb to stopthe vampires from leaving

the vampires from leaving. These past couple of days Grace kept to herself grieving for the person who was a mentor to her and taught her practically everything she knew.

Grace had spoken with Bonnie who was out of town with her family needing space after the death of her grandmother not like the red headed girl could blame her as Sheila died by staining herself from using too much magic to unseal the tomb. The youngest Gilbert twin understood why Sheila knocked her unconscious she was afraid it was too much power for the red headed girl to disable the boundary spell seeing as the spell has been sealed for over a hundred and forty five years.

The Gilbert witch was laid on her bed, doodling in her sketch book whilst face timing with Caroline, " How's things going with Matt?" Grace questioned as she continued drawing in her sketchbook. Caroline huffed in annoyance as she stared at her best friend with a saddened look on her face, " things were going well between us but now it's just awkward"

Grace raised her brows at the blondes response as she frowned at her friend through the phone screen, " Why? What happened? You looked so happy together and I haven't seen you like this in a long time, Care" the witch commented with a sympathetic look on her face. Caroline huffed again running her hand through her hair and explained, " when I saw Damon with you last night I grabbed his hand... I just wanted to show off that I was with a good guy and that he won't be messing with my head anymore"

"Matt is a sweet and caring person I'm sure he understood why you did what you did but you also have to understand he isn't over my sister just yet. Be careful, Caroline I don't want you to  get hurt" the youngest Gilbert twin sighed with a sympathetic look on her face knowing sooner or later her best friend will get hurt and she'd have to pick up the pieces. Caroline stayed silent for a moment with a thoughtful expression on her face before nodding her head and muttered, " I will, I just want things with Matt to work out you know and I'm scared he'd see the real me and he'll change his mind about giving us a shot"

"You'll never know if you don't give it a chance" Grace stated with a small smile causing Caroline to look at her best friend through the scene with a beaming smile, " This is why I love you. You always know the right thing to say" Grace chuckled softly at the Forbes girl shaking her head in amusement about to reply when someone knocked on her door, " Hey, Care. I have to go i'll talk to you later" Caroline hummed in acknowledgment before hanging up the phone.

Grace sighed placing her phone on her bed sitting up straight before calling out, " come in" the door opened as Elena walked into the room looking at her sister in concern especially after what happened the night Damon took her in the tomb only to be attacked by Anna who fed her mother the youngest twin blood.