Chapter 12 Part 2

Hey guys! How are you liking Dark Side so far? Please let me know in the comments; I love getting feedback! Also, don't forget to vote! I need 2 votes before I post the next part. Thanks for your support! And, without further o'rdue, here's Dark Side.

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" Wilmer replies.

"Well, I was curious, since you didn't know I would be home so early, why did you stop by my house?"

     There is silence on the other end for a minute, but only from Wilmer. In the background, I hear a bunch if hollering and glasses clinking; it sounded like he was at a bar. That would be my next question: "I thought you said you were at the station?" But, I wanted to hear his reason for my first answer, so I waited.

"Wilmer?" I say, getting a little impatient, even though it had only been a mere few seconds since I asked him the first question.

"Sorry, I was just doing my routine stop to make sure no one was at the house. See, our plan is to catch him in the act. Since you told me the times your house was vacant, I figured those would be the perfect times for him to intrude."

"But, Wilmer, he's after our lives, not our house. He wants us to be there or he's not getting what he wants."

     Once again, silence; and more yelling and clanging.

"That's all I've got to go on right now. We're trying our best," he replies simply.

     There goes another clang.

"Wilmer, where are you? I thought you said you were at the station?" I say, the unknown becoming too much for me to not know.

"I am, why would you say that?" he says with a weak laugh.

"I just hear a lot of background noise that does not sound like a police station, lots of clanging and yelling."

"Oh, Demi, I'm in the kitchen for lunch. Us guys tend to get a little loud in here sometimes. Would you like me to go somewhere else so you can hear me better?" he says calmly and cheerfully.

"No, it's fine. I was just curious about those two things anyway. I guess I'll talk to you later. Bye."

"Alright, see you later, Dems," he says and we hang up.

"See, you just read too much into things. Wait, scratch that. You read too much into the wrong things, and not the things you should be concerned about. Maybe if you read into Joe, you guys would still be together," I think to myself.

     But then I realize, Joe gave me nothing to read into. He gave me absolutely no reason why I wouldn't trust him; no reason to think he was unfaithful. But he was; Wilmer told me so. There was no hard evidence, but Wilmer told me and I believed him. Wilmer was worthy of my trust, i thought. I mean, he would never lie, right?