Chapter 20 Part 2

"Ah, that's right, the night of the murder. Well, you probably know most of it, considering you were watching the whole way through in the closet," Wilmer starts off.

I look up at him with a shocked expression on my face. He knew? Why didn't he kill us right then and there then?

As if reading my mind, Wilmer continues,"Yes, Demi, I knew you were in there. I knew the whole time. But I couldn't kill you all at once; it would be too suspicious. So, I spared you, with the intent on coming back for you later; and thank God I did. Not only was I able to avoid becoming a suspect, but I also saved myself from major disappointment. You see, I needed one of you alive in order to get the money. This is the only reason why you're here and the only reason why I haven't killed you yet, you know, to help me. But first, I had to figure out how I could get you to help me. This was a difficult task, of course. I would've had this done and over with a lot sooner if things have gone my way, if you had cooperated with me. But, of course, being your stubborn self, you didn't. And knowing you, you are still probably judging me right this second, just like the first time, thinking I'd start off with violence. But did I? No. I started off the nicest way possible, I tried to gain your friendship, and then win over your heart. That's why I started the whole fight between you and Joe, so you would fall for me. But you didn't! No, you just pushed me away. I assume Joe somehow found out about this part of my plan and told you and begged for forgiveness; it sounds like him to do that. And you took him back. That was your first mistake, Demi. If you hadn't rejected me, none of this would have ever happened. So, I set out to frame you; and as you can see, it wasnt that hard. Soon, I successfully guilt tripped you and that's how you ended up in my car. You're too easy, Demi. That's part of the reason why I chose you over your sisters. For one, Dallas is never home, so she's be difficult. And your little sister, well I couldn't harm her; she's too young and innocent. But Demi, you had a fire within you, and you were so persistent, so stuck on what you wanted that you didn't even see this coming. You probably thought you were so safe in little Joe's arms. Wrong! Where's Joe now, Demi? He should be looking for you, trying to save you. But he isn't. You're alone and you're stuck with me. So I suggest you listen to what I need you to do. This is why I've brought you here."

10 comments before I continue. What do you think Wilmer's brought Demi to do? Leave your predictions in the comments! 💜