Chapter 19 Part 1

Demi POV

Not long after Joe left, I heard a knocking on the door. I ran downstairs and looked out the window to see who it was; it was Wilmer. Opening the door, I give him a stern expression.

"What do you want?" I ask, not in the mood to deal with his crap.

"No need to be so snippy with me. I just need to talk to you for a second."

"Fine, come in," I say, stepping aside so he can walk in.

Once he's inside, I lock the door behind him and walk into the living room. I go to take a seat, but I'm quickly stopped by Wilmer's voice.

"Umm, I was thinking somewhere more quiet, where little ears can't hear."

I look him in the eyes, trying to figure out if he was serious or not. When I realized he wasn't gonna change my mind, I stood up and let out a huff.

"Maddie, Wilmer and I will be outside. Wait in here and be good. I'll be back in a minute."

I open the back door and step out on our deck, waiting with arms folded across my chest. What could he possible want this time? Was he here to arrest me?

"Demi, I have some news for you.." Wilmer trails off, walking to the farther end of our deck.

"And?" I say impatiently, following him.

"The courts have found enough evidence against you for me to arrest you. I'm gonna need you to surrender to me before I use force."

"Wilmer, this is ridiculous. You and I both know I didn't do it."

"Demi, please cooperate with me. You can prove your side in court. Now hands behind your back."

Once again, I look at him to see if you was serious, and he was. I let out a sigh and turn around, my hands behind my back. At the same time, my phone vibrates; probably Joe. However, I can't do anything about it because Wilmer's about to arrest me.

I feel wilmers tough hands wrap around my wrists, and I wait to feel the metal changes wrap around them; but I don't. Instead, I feel a strong jab in my back, causing me to kneel over.

Right as I let out a scream, my phone vibrates again. Even though my hands weren't cuffed, I couldn't reach it to my ear because Wilmer was right up my back. Instead, I click the button to answer it quickly. Right as I do that, Wilmer pulls my head back with my hair, and I'm left staring into his eyes.

"Get-off me!"

Once again, Wilmer rips my head back with my hair. This time, however, he jabs me in the back again to the point where I collapse on the deck. At that, I feel a loose nail enter my skin, causing immense pain. I scream out as I writhe on the floor.

"Shut up before I fire this right through your temple!"

I look up into his bloodshot eyes, looking for mercy, but seeing none.

"Please, stop!" I cry out in a feeble attempt for help.

"That was your last warning!"

Wilmer's fury escalated to a new extreme and he kicked me in the side of my head, followed by my stomach. He pulls a gag rope out of his bag and jabs it into my mouth, holding my head up by my hair.

"I'm not finished with you. One more word when I don't ask you to speak, and you're done, you understand? See this gun right here? It's fully loaded, and all the bullets are for you."

When Wilmer holds the gun up, his sleeve slips down and I notice something, a star tattoo on his wrist. My eyes open wide in alarm as I look back into his eyes.

"That's right, Demi. I'm no cop. In fact, I'm who they're looking for. I killed your father, and you're next on my list."

With that, a sack is thrown over my head and I feel my limp body dragged down the stairs of our deck to his car. Before we reach the bottom step, I kick off a shoe in a final attempt for help. I figure, if anyone comes outside, they'll see my shoe and know where I was last. I just pray Joe heard some of the phone call and can help. But I can't worry about that now. I'm about to be murdered, and I have no way of letting anyone know. All I can do now is listen, and hope I can give Wilmer what he wants so I can live to tell the story.

So, who knew Wilmer was the murderer all along? And what do you think Wilmer plans to do with Demi? Let me know in the comments; I need 10 before I continue 💜