Chapter 13 Part 2

I stare blankly at the screen for a while, questioning everything about it. Did he mean what he said? Or did he just feel guilty? Should I respond? How should I respond? And why did it take him this long to answer?

"There you go again, Demi. Stop overthinking and just do," I say to myself.

     Wanting to know what he had to tell me, but not wanting to get hurt again, I reply with this: "you're sorry? Then prove it. I'll be leaving my house at 8:30 tomorrow. Come early and I'll walk with you and listen to what you have to say. But I'm not about to be made a fool of again. See you tomorrow."

     After rereading my message several times, I squeeze my eyes shut, hold my breath, and click send. I feel my heart start to race, and that's when I realize Joe still has quite the effect on me. Nervous about what his response may be, I hold my phone in my hand and wait anxiously for his reply.

"Bzzzz," my phone vibrates, revealing a new message from Joe. I slide to unlock my phone and read it: I"'ll be there."

     Just three simple words, but that's all I needed to calm down. I click the lock button on my phone and place it down on my nightstand next to my alarm. Then, as I set my alarm to 5 so I can make Dallas her breakfast in time, as promised, I realize how little time I'm gonna have to sleep; it's already 2:30. Quickly, I pulled my comforter up to my neck and lay my head on my pillow with just a single thought in my mind; tomorrow was going to be interesting. I quickly said a prayer to God that all would work out before closing my eyes. And, with that, I fell into a deep sleep.

Sorry for it's brevity; I just wanted to get something out for you all as quickly as possible. Don't forget to vote and comment; I love your feedback! Hope you're enjoying it so far! 💜