Chapter 21 Part 2

Without any hesitation, Wilmer picks me up by the upper parts of my arms and slams me against the wall. I feel myself begin to get lightheaded, and my headache rages.

"TELL ME HOW TO OPEN THE VAULT!"

"I can't. I don't know. Please, don't hurt me. Let me go. I don't know," I sob.

Immediately, Wilmer clutches my neck with his hands and lifts me up so that I'm suspended in mid air. My airway is restricted immediately and I feel myself begin to fade out as I become more and more lightheaded.

"I know you know something. If you didn't, you wouldn't have refused helping me. Now what is it that you know that I don't?"

I would tell Wilmer the truth if I could, but I couldn't. I could barely keep my eyes open. Instead of answering, I stayed under his grip helplessly. After a few moments, I slip and fall to the floor.

"Well isn't that just perfect," Wilmer grumbles.

Realizing he wasnt going to get anything out of me, Wilmer grabbed my right wrist and dragged me through the hallway until we reached a storage closet. There, he let go of my arm and stood in the doorway, grasping the knob of the door with one hand.

"You can wait in here until you decide you're ready to tell me the truth."

With that, the door is shut and I am left alone on the stone cold floor. Immediately, I begin looking around for any tools that could help me. As I'm searching the floor, my eyes catch sight of my leg, all mangled and bloody. Maybe I just need to find something that will help me survive. Then, I find it: a cable cord. I slide my arm out to it and pull it into my body. With the little energy I had left, I wound it around my leg and made a firm knot, forming a tourniquet. The simple act of that wore me out enough, and I found myself drifting off into an empty realm.

Sorry for the brevity of the post; I promise to write more for the next one. But what do y'all think Demi knows but isn't revealing? Let me know in the comments; I need 10 before I continue 💜