Chapter 15 Part 2

When we reached school grounds. Joe put me down, and we walked inside, hand in hand. Much like earlier in the year, heads quickly turned and the whispers began as soon as we walked in. And right there waiting for us was no other than Corinne and her boyfriend, Michael Johnson.

"Took back the little slut that soon man? What'd she do? Give you some action or something?" Mike instigates.

"Oh, shut up man. Its none of your business," Joe sighs, blowing Mike off completely.

     But his words had no effect on Corinne, who took a step forward, grinning from ear to ear, and said,"Oh yeah, I'm sure she did. I mean she is the school whore. She probably begged him to take her back. Probably said she'd do anything. And he probably gave in and had her kneel down to fulfill her dirty work."

     I found myself biting the inside of my cheek so hard in an attempt to hold back the tears that were stirring in my eyes that blood began to fill my mouth.

"You never stop, do you? I'd watch who I was calling a slut though because your trainee bra is poking out of your shirt," Joe spits at Corinne in disgust,"let's go, Demi."

     He grabs my hand and we begin to walk off, when, suddenly, something causes Joe to fall backwards to the floor.

"Take that back!" Mike yelled, beating Joe.

     Joe grabbed his fist and said through his teeth,"You don't want to start a fight. Go take Corinne and go to your class. This isn't worth the trouble."

     Mike, paying no mind to Joe's offer of peace, wrestled to get his fist and of Joe's grip and pulled it back for another punch. Mike'a fist nailed Joe in the side of his jaw, which then hung loose, as if it were dislocated. As Joe goes to stand up again, Mike slams another fist into his stomach. "That's what you get for messing with my girlfriend, you dick!" Mike yells, clearly in a rage. I couldn't just stand and watch Joe get beat up for defending me; so I decided to step in.

"Mike, stop!" I plead, trying to get in-between them.

"Demi, stay out of this," Joe mumbles as he tries to grab Mike's fist.

     Mike swings in for another blow, but misses Joe by an inch. Instead, his burly throw hit my stomach. Immediately, the blood that had filled my mouth poured out of my mouth and I doubled over, my body collapsing to the floor.

"You did not just do that! Pathetic excuse for a man," Joe yells, and he slams mike in the face, knocking him out.

     That was the first time I ever saw Joe hit someone. Immediately, he rushed to my side and crouched over me.

"You okay?" his blood-stained lips speak to me.

     But before I can answer, the familiar sound of my principal said,"Demi! Get up! My office, now!"

"But sir, she-" Joe protests, but he is cut short.

"Enough, Jonas. I'm not the one who wishes to speak to her."

"If not you, than who?" "The police," he mutters, so that only Joe and I can hear.

"The rest of you, clean yourselves up and go to the nurse. THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE. GO BACK TO CLASS," Principle Anderson hollers to everyone else who gathered to watch the fight.

     Soon, people went on their own way; and I, doubled over in pain, proceeded to the principal's office to meet my doom.

5 comments before I post more :)