❷ 𝑰, 𝑳𝒂𝒏 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒋𝒊, 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑾𝒆𝒊 𝑾𝒖𝒙𝒊𝒂𝒏

After going through a lot of trouble, I wrote this chapter. Please leave your opinions on the comment box. It will be of a great help.
Enjoy yourselves..!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Every eyes were fixed on three people.

Cangse Sanren, Wei Wuxian and Xue Yang!

Of all the ways Wei Wuxian had wished to see his mother and the little brother, this was not one of them. He never wished to see his mother kneeling nor bowing her head down. How could she? She was a disciple of the immortal Boashan Sanren. How could she now her head to some disgusting shits. And his little brother... A-yang had always valued pride more than anything else. And now he kneeling and bowing his head for the sake of his mother and brother..... Wei Wuxian could no longer see it. None of them deserve this. They were innocent.

"Gusu Lan had always been righteous in their actions. Who knows how they are going to handle this?"
"Of course the murderer will be killed. What else do you expect them to do?"
"Yes yes. Aiyyah.. Who would have thought such a thing would happen? Weren't they best friends after all?"
"Best friends...? I'd say that they were enemies. At least that is how that murderer must have felt. If not this wouldn't have happened."
Whisperings filled the hall. Wei Wuxian could no longer take it. He was about to argue when the Lan's for now sect leader spoke,
"Quite." No sooner had he finished, the hall became silent.
Lan Qiren acted as the sect leader for now as Qinheng Jun had isolated himself and both Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji were not in a state to handle things.
"Today, in front of the whole cultivatinal world, Gusu Lan announces that Cangse Sanren, the murderer of the late Madam Lan, will be executed within an hour time."
"No......" Everyone turned towards the source of the voice. As expected it was from none other than the two sons of the murderer. Well, who else would defend them now.
"Silence! Lan Qiren barked. When has ever the two sons of Cangse Sanren listened to him? This too was not an exception.
"Master Lan, my mother didn't kill the Madam Lan. She wouldn't do it. She has no reason to do it." Xue Yang emphasised.
"Do you have any evidence to prove it?" Lan Qiren asked.
"I...." Xue Yang was out of words. It is true. He didn't have any evidence. All he had was..., belief. Belief that his mother wouldn't do such a thing. He turned towards his brother.
Wei Wuxian couldn't process what was happening. He was in a trance. His mother... Surely they are not going to.....
"Master Lan," he spoke once, "I know that we don't have any evidence to prove our mother's innocence. But give us some time, we will surely find it."
"Time...? Do u think Gusu Lan will execute someone without proper evidence?"

"Yes, they wouldn't do such a thing"
"The sun has to rise from West for such a thing to happen"
"Yeah.."
"They should be glad that only their mother is going to be executed. If it were in any other sect, the whole family would be executed."
Why does people like talking so much? And why do they have to talk now?
Xue Yang looked around. There were a lot of people. But he will remember each one of them.

Wei Wuxian did not know. All he could do was...
Lan Zhan.
Where is he? He looked around and spotted Lan Wangji beside Lan Xichen.
Lan Wangji wasn't looking at him. He was glaring daggers at his mother. "Oh no!" Wei Wuxian thought. But still he tried his best.
"L..Lan Zhan...." He called out.

Lan Wangji had always loved his mother. There were only three people who understood him exactly. His mother, his brother and... Wei Ying. And now... his mother was..... He didn't believe it at first. His mom had always liked pranking others along with Cangse Sanren. But when he saw it for himself....