# CHAPTER 40 #

Xue Yang came down running with Wen Qing, praying that he would not be too late

"Show me his wound." Wen Qing ordered. 

Wei Wuxian hastily took off Lan Wangji's robes to a side for Wen Qing to examine. 

"He has bled a lot. How long had it been since he was stabbed?" Wen Qing questioned. 

"Almost....." Wei Wuxian did not know what to say. He was day dreaming while Lan Wangji was being stabbed. "Was it too late?" he asked himself. 

"Not... Not quite sure..." Wei Wuxian answered. 

Wen Qing sighed. "He has bled profusely as he was stabbed right where his core was transplanted. Let's take him to a professional doctor. I do not have any equipments for a surgery." 

Wei Wuxian's heart stopped beating. 

"Will... Will he be.. Alright...?" he managed to get it out. 

Wen Qing have him a pathetic look and said very quietly, hoping Wei Wuxian would not hear it, "Not sure."

Indeed Wei Wuxian heard it. But he wished he heard it wrong so he asked again, "I... I didn't he's...hear you...."

"Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji already had an operation where he was stabbed and his core is not very strong yet as it is still adopting to its new body, so it might not be that easy to.... Save Lan Wangji."

Wei Wuxian was about to faint when Xue Yang caught him. 

" Brother, let's not waste time. Let's take Lan Wangji to the nearest doctor."

Wei Wuxian could not hear anything what his brother had said. Xue Yang understood the situation very well and without waiting for anyone, he  carried Lan Wangji and flew into the city, searching for a doctor. 

Wei Wuxian could not understand anything. He could not believe what he had just heard. He could not believe it!

"Did.... Wen Qing say that.... it's h..hard to save Lan Zhan? N...no..... I... Might have heard wrong.... But no.... She said it twice. Could it be t...true? Then..... No.....!" He thought to himself.

Wei Wuxian did not know what to think. He was in utter shock that he could not hear Wen Qing screaming out his name asking if he was doing alright.

But finally she gave up for Wei Wuxian was stuck on his own world and wouldn't come out of his stance. She hurried up the mountain to inform the Wen's about the situation and then she ran to the doctor hoping that Lan Wangji would be alright.

Lan Qiren was really worried about his nephew. He did not know how Lan Wangji was doing in Burial Mounds which was filled with resentful energy. He had called Lan Xichen to have a tea with him and discuss about this issue.

Lan Xichen knew how much his uncle was worried regarding this. From the very young age, Lan Qiren was the one who taught Lan Wangji and helped him cultivate his core into a very strong one. He never let Lan Wangji astray. Now that Lan Wangji was in a place filled with resentful energy, Lan Qiren couldn't help but kill himself in worry.

"Uncle, don't worry about Wangji, he will be fine."

"It's been a month already and he has not returned yet."

"He sent me a message other day that he would visit Gusu in a two weeks time."

"For how long will he be staying?"

"He did not say that." Lan Xichen said with a sigh.

Lan Qiren sighed. He knew Lan Wangji would not stay for more than a day. n

Jin Guanyao was scared to death. What had he done?!  

He did not know what to do. He should not get caught no matter what! He must do something before Lan Wangji spills out the truth!

Jin Guanyao was on a side of the road in Yilling racking his brain for a solution to protect himself from the situation. He was thinking so harx for a solution when he saw Xue Yang carry Lan Wangji to the nearest doctor. He took a closer look at Lan Wangji and saw that Lan Wangji was already half dying! He was so happy looking at Lan Wangji on that state, when finally he got a solution, he smirked at the plan and praised himself for being so clever.

"Since no one knows who stabbed Lan Wangji, I will create a killer. Hahaha...."

Jin Guanyao smirked at the thought and left the place, making sure to execute his plan.

Xue Yang stayed outside while the doctor examined Lan Wangji. He was worried to death. "Nothing should happen to Lan Wangji, I will save him at any cost. I will not let my brother spend his life alone, without Lan Wangji." Xue Yang kept repeating this on his mind.

Xue Yang was so immersed in his worries that he failed to notice someone else entering inside the room in which Lan Wangji was being examined.

The stranger was an old man on his sixties. When he entered into the room, the doctor urged him out saying, "This is the patient's examining room, you cannot enter at your will. Please stay out."

"You better keep quiet." The stranger said before putting a talisman on the doctor which made the doctor fall unconscious.

Once he made sure that the doctor was unconscious, he snapped his fingers and then with a row of laughter, the stranger transferred back to his original form and there stood, Jin Guanyao smirking so bitterly and giving dead glared to Lan Wangji!

"Lan Wangji..... Its so pleasant to see you. I hope you rest in peace forever!"

With that, Jin Guanyao took a needle out of no where, and pricked it on Lan Wangji!

Lan Wangji, who was unconscious, shuddered and struggled for his life but in the end, unable to bear the pain, spat out blood and fell on the bed, dead!