# CHAPTER 43 #

Jin Guanyao never even once thought in his dreams that his crimes would be exposed one day

Jin Guanyao never even once thought in his dreams that his crimes would be exposed one day. He had always been proud of himself for being so cunning and clever. He thought one day, he will achieve all that he had wished and he would be the most happiest man on earth. But now thinking about it, made him realize how much of a fool he had been. He should have been more careful, he thought.

Wei Wuxian was finally glad that he was going to bring justice on his late mother. They have accused her for something she would never be able to do and could have never done even in her dreams. Wei Wuxian clenched his fists on thinking how the cultivation world had betrayed his family. He will make them realize their mistake, especially Gusu Lan. He will make sure that after exposing the truth, Gusu Lan would feel guilt forever.

Wei Wuxian took a deep breath in, and began,

"On the day Madam Lan was murdered, my mother, Xue Yang and I were with her, on a night hunt. Madam Lan said that it was dangerous ahead so for me and Xue Yang to wait down the road and that Madam Lan and my mother would go, investigate the case. We obliged.

While we were waiting for them, we heard swords clashing and we thought that they were fighting the monster but then we heard a pained scream from Madam Lan. When me and my brother ran up to them, we saw.... Madam Lan dead. A sword piercing through her chest and... my mother was clutching that sword. We...."

"There.... You accepted it yourself." Su She interrupted. "You accepted that your mother was clutching the sword. Isn't this enough to prove that your mother killed Madam Lan. Moreover, it was your mother's sword which was used to stab Madam Lan. Could anyone else use your mother's sword except her? Huh?"

"Yeah...."

"Indeed....."

"What Su She said makes sense!"

The crowd echoed. Su She smirked.

"Wei Wuxian, what tricks are you trying to play? Don't you take us for fools!" A clan leader spat.

"I am not...." Wei Wuxian tried to speak but no one paid him any attention.

"Wei Ying is neither playing tricks nor lying." Lan Wangji defended his beloved.

"Hanguang Jun, why are you standing up against your own clan? Did Wei Wuxian blind you with his so called fake love?"

Lan Wangji fumed hearing it. With clenched teeth, he said, "I am standing by justice."

"Fake love?" Wei Wuxian, who could not bear hearing it, asked.

"Wei Ying, don't mind them." Lan Wangji tried to calm down Wei Wuxian for he too have heard about those ridiculous rumours and did not want his beloved to hear too.

Wei Wuxian glanced at his direction but paid no attention to his words.

"If not... How else do you expect to describe your disgusting feelings towards Hanguang Jun?" The cultivator questioned back.