# CHAPTER 21 #

Happy reading!

࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚
Lan Wangji did not know where he was heading off to. But as long as he could get away from these cries for help and blood, he would go anywhere.
Unfortunately, God was cruel to him. No matter where he went, all he could hear and see were screams, cries and blood. Nothing happened as expected and he knew that he could not excape the reality.

Lan Wangji sighed. He was at a loss. He was a failure.

Lan Wangji found himself in a remote area where there were only trees and bushes. "This is better" He thought.
Lan Wangji sat down by a tree, leaned against it, closed his eyes and tried to calm himself down.
He tried to meditate but it was impossible.

When he was about to give up trying to meditate and get himself going, he heard a loud scream.
    "Ah...." it was a cry of a woman which followed a laughter that was more horrible than the cry. It was from a group of men.
      "Hahaha... Do you think people will hear you when you shout so loud and will come to help you? Remember, you are a Wen. No one will help you. If you want to excape, death is the only way. Hahaha..."

Hearing this piece of speech from their leader, others too laughed and clapped as if it was something appreciatable.

    "Please.... Kill me... Not my son. Please...." The woman cried.
     "Of course. First you and then your son."
     "No...!!!" The woman cried harder.

With the noises that followed, Lan Wangji could perceive that the Jin soldiers were preparing their weapons to kill the woman.

     "Please don't! Please...."

      "Just di...." The Jin soldier's voice  came to an abrupt stop as something unpredictable happened.

There was a loud thunder and the sky turned dark along with a lightning.
And all the Jin soldiers were killed in an instant except for the woman and her son.

Lan Wangji couldn't believe his ears. Who could be so powerful to kill people with a lightning and thunder?

     "Tha... Thank you! Thank you so much!" With that said, the woman ran away so fast before some other Jin soldiers could find her.

Lan Wangji still hadn't come out of his trance when something more unexpectable happened.

With an earth-shattering roar, lightning cleaved through the sky and bit viciously into a towering tree. The massive conifer burst into vibrant flames; the only light in the wind-lashed forest. Torrents of rain poured on to it, causing gouts of steam to fill the air. The other trees moaned in the furious wind, as if they mourned the loss of their fellow.

And then a voice came out of nowhere!

"Second Young Master Lan!"

Lan Wangji's eyes widened. He.... He knew that voice!

It was the same voice but it held no life in it. It was the voice that he longed to hear but now, he wished that he never heard it. That voice described all the misery that particular person had to go through.

Lan Wangji was speechless.

This couldn't be true! Was he dreaming?

"Are you surprised?"

No. He couldn't be mistaken nor was he dreaming. This was real!

It was none other than...

With a trembling voice, Lan Wangji called out,

             "Wei....Wei Ying....!"

   ꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Are you guys surprised? Lol.

Well then, STAY TUNED!

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I know that this is a very short chapter but I couldn't write a longer one as I really packed with works. Sorry.

Thanks a lot for reading. Hope you enjoyed.
Do leave your comments and votes. Follow me for more updates.

STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!