# CHAPTER 24 #

3 Months later.

"Wangji, it feels good to see you back again in Gusu. How are you feeling now?"

Lan Wangji was feeling terrible but he could not say it to his brother. He could not say that he has met Wei Wuxian or more exactly heard his voice. He could not say that Wei Wuxian was here for revenge. Or he could not say that Wei Wuxian is no longer Wei Ying but the fearsome Yilling Patriarch. He could not say anything. Nothing at all!

"Wangji?"

Lan Wangji snapped out of his thoughts. He looked at his brother. His brother looked worried.

"Better." Lan Wangji replied.

Although his words were not assuring to Lan Xichen, there was no other way to help Lan Wangji feel better so he had to go along with his little brother.

"Wangji, go and have some rest. Let's go and see uncle in the evening. He has got something important to tell you."

"Mn."

Only if Lan Wangji had looked at his brother then, he would have understood that whatever his uncle was going to tell him was way more than important but since he did not have a glimpse at his brother, he did not know anything.

Once Lan Wangji was out of sight, Lan Xichen spoke to himself, "Wangji, I am sorry for whatever uncle is going to tell you. I am sorry on his behalf. We are doing this only for your own good. We cannot just keep watching while you are slowly rotting yourself to death. We just want to see you happy once again. I don't know if this will work but a try won't hurt."

With that he left to Lan Qiren's room to inform his brother's arrival.

Lan Wangji looked around his room. It has been so long since he felt home. No, he wasn't feeling home. He just felt a little contented on seeing his brother and familiar surroundings. He knew he could never feel home again. "Not in this lifetime." He thought to himself.

Having Wei Wuxian around is the only thing that made him feel home. As much as he loved his mother, sometimes even his mother could not make him happy as his Wei Ying did. Every single moment with Wei Wuxian, was a moment in paradise for Lan Wangji. And now he yearned for it. Those moments and memories....... Lan Wangji sighed. Now was not the time for it. To miss his Wei Ying. His brother could be there any minute and he should not see Lan Wangji in devastated state. He did not want his brother to worry about him anymore.

Lan Wangji inhaled sharply. The scent of sandalwood hit his nose strongly. Seems like his brother had arranged everything for him beforehand.

Once Lan Wangji was done freshening up, he opened his cupboard for a set of robes. He wanted to look perfect in front of his brother and uncle so that they would not think he was still mourning over Wei Wuxian which will eventually make them worry about him. Lan Wangji was looking for a nice set of robes when his eyes fell on one particular white robe.

Lan Wangji eyed it for a long time and then with shaky hands, took it out. Lan Wangji's heart clenched in pain upon seeing it. This was the set of robes Wei Wuxian had gifted him just before the day his mother was killed!

Lan Wangji had forgotten this gift with all the tragedy that took place. He never once had worn it. He promised Wei Wuxian that he would wear it on a special occasion. But now.....

Tears began rolling down his cheeks.

"Wei Ying...." He held that dress closer to his heart and cried, "Wei Ying.... I am sorry..! I am really sorry..... Can you please come back to me? It hurts Wei Ying. It hurts to know that you are out there, alive, but not with me. It hurts so much that I feel like dying. Please..... Please come back to me.... Please..." Lan Wangji sobbed harder. He tried to control his tears but unfortunately, he failed.

Yes, that was it! He failed! He failed everyone and everything! He failed his mother, his uncle and even his brother! But most of all, he failed his Wei Ying! His Wei Ying!

Lan Wangji sobbed harder than before.

He looked at the sky through the open window and cried, "Why...? Just why...? What wrong did I do? What grave mistake did I commit to punish me like this? Why ok the earth is it me? Why on the earth is it us? Why for me and Wei Ying? Why.....?!!" He screamed at the empty sky. He did not know from whom he was asking. Was he asking God? But there was no god right? God was meant to be kind, not cruel. No, he will not believe in God anymore.

Later in the evening, when Lan Wangji had finally been able to take a hold of his emotions, he went to meet his uncle along with his brother.

"Wangji, how are you?"

Lan Wangji bowed down to his uncle before answering, "Better."

"That's good. Sit down, have some tea."

"No, thanks uncle."

"Wangji, sit down. Let's talk. It's been a long time after all." Lan Xichen said with the best smile that he could put on his face for he feared how Lan Wangji was going to react in the next few minutes.

"Mn."

Lan Wangji took a seat between his brother and uncle. And he poured tea for them.

"Wangji, I am very glad that you are feeling better. And I sincerely want you to remain happy forever." Lan Qiren said in his most kindest voice.

"Mn." Lan Wangji hummed in response.

Lan Wangji served them tea and Lan Qiren began questioning him on how he had spent the past few months, where he had been, and all other things that he wanted to know just to keep Lan Wangji in a good mood.

Lan Wangji understood very well that his uncle and brother had something important to tell him yet they were talking about things of no use just to make sure that he would react pleasantly for what was going to come next. So he took the initiative and asked his uncle,

"Uncle, brother said you had something important to tell me."

Lan Xichen instantly paled while his uncle tried to maintain his calm demeanor.

"Yes, Wangji. I do have something to tell you.c

Lan Wangji gave a questioning look so his uncle continued,

"Wangji, you are still young. We wish the best for you. We do not want you to be like this forever. We..."

Lan Wangji knew where this was leading to, so hea asked, swallowing the lump in his throat, telling himself that his uncle was not going to say anything that he feared,

"Uncle, I am sorry but I don't get you. Could you please be more clear?"

"Alright." Lan Qiren inhaled sharply and in his best calm voice, he said,

        "Wangji, we want you to get married!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another chapter!!! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and if you did do not forget to leave your precious comments and votes. 

Follow me for more updates. 

And STAY TUNED for the upcoming amazing chapter. 

Have a great day!