# CHAPTER 18 #

Thanks for all your comments and votes on the last chapter.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

        Under the guidance of Nie Mingju and with the help of Xue Yang, the Dafan Wen's were able to survive during the battle.
       Xue Yang and Wen Qing, with the rest of her family, were heading to Yilling when they received the message that Wei Wuxian was severely ill.

       Although Xue Yang was there during the battle and saw his brother falling unconscious, he never expected it to be this serious.
      "Soon, we have to move to Qinghe." Wen Qing said panick evident in her voice.
     "But, we.... we all can't go, r..right? Every sect is pre....present in Qinghe..." Wen Ning stuttered.
      "It isn't safe for everyone of us to go. A-Ning, take everyone to our place in Yilling. Xue Yang and I will go check on Wei Wuxian."
      "O...ok...."
With that, they parted their ways.

       It took almost four days for Wen Qing and Xuan Yang to reach Qinghe. And when they finally reached the Unclean Realm, the least that they were expecting was to see white flags hanging all over the place.
      "What's happened? Where is ge?" Asked Xue Yang when they were taken to see the Nie Sect leader who was in the main hall with the other sect leaders.
      "Let's go see him." Said Nie Mingju.
Along with Nie Mingju, Lan Xichen, Meng Yao, Wen Qing and Xue Yang went off to Wei Wuxian's quarters.

     Wei Wuxian lay there, dead! Lan Wangji sat by him, holding his hand with tears filled face.
"Wh...what's going on?" Wen Qing asked.
"Wei.. Wei Wuxian is...." Nie Mingju stopped for he could not say it out aloud. Not after all the things the other had done. He doesn't deserve this!
Wei Qing grew agitated. She could no longer wait. She went to Wei Wuxian, took his left wrist on hers and checked his pulse.

A minute passed. Two minutes passed. Three minutes passed. Four minutes pa....

Wei Wuxian's wrist fell from her grip. She sat there, staring down at the wrist, that had just fallen from her grip, Lifeless!

Xue Yang stood there, mouth agape. He understood everything. Clearly!

"What did you all do to my brother?" He screamed, tears falling down his cheeks.
"What did you all to my brother?" He knelt down the floor and sobbed. His whole body shook, violently.
        "Ah...." He ran towards Lan Wangji, took him by the collar and punched him on the face.
         "It's all because of you. If it weren't for you, my brother would have been alive. You killed my brother! You killed him!"
         He punched again. His punch was so firece that blood oozed out from the other's mouth. But Lna Wangji didn't seem to mind it. In fact, he didn't feel it.
         For Lan Wangji, Xue Yang's words were more powerful than his punch. Each and every word of Xue Yang, pierced deep within him. Those words stabbed him so deep that he could not breath. Those words.... He couldn't deny it. None of those words were fake. Everything was true and....
        "Do you even know all the things my brother had done for you? Do you even know what my broth...."
        "Xue Yang!" Wen Qing shouted. "He doesn't deserve to know them." She said, clenching her teeth. "People like him do not deserve kindness nor do they deserve to know the truth. He is the worst of men and will always be!"
        Xue Yang laughed, bitterly. His laugh was filled with tears and bitterness.
       "Hahaha..... Do you think I know that? I too don't want to say but if I don't say then within another few days he would forget all that happened and move on with his life. No, I don't want that from him. From now on, from this second on, he should regret. Regret for all those things that he had done. Regret with each breath he takes. Regret with each and every thing he does. And if he don't, I WILL MAKE HIM TO! I DON'T WANT MY BROTHER'S DEATH TO BE USELESS!
        Xue Yang then turned towards Lan Wangji and asked,
        "Have you ever wondered why your mother was suddenly killed? Or according to you, why my mother killed your mother suddenly?"
       This took both Lan Wangji's and Lan Xichen's whole attention.
       Xue Yang continued,
       "Your mother's death was already planned. She was destined to be killed one way or another. Few months ago, she was cursed. With that curse on her, she could only live for a year. She didn't tell about this to any of your family. She trusted this secret of hers to my mother only. But fortunately or unfortunately, my brother got to know of this and as the great person as he was, he transferred the curse onto himself without the knowledge of your mother. If you ask me how, we'll he has his own ways. Since the curse was transferred, my brother will not be able to live for a year but three months. And without any hesitation, he accepted the fate and it was just for you!
        Somehow the one who placed the curse had got to know that your mother was no longer cursed so she was murdered. We went out on a night hunt. Evil spirits was lurking around so we four went in different directions. By the time my brother and I crossed paths, it was dawn. We  couldn't find our mother and your mother anywhere. We kept on searching. After a long time, we were able to find our mother but she did not have her sword with her. She said that while she was attacking an evil spirit, her sword went missing. It was almost morning, when we found your mother. But then, she was already dead. My mother's sword was used to stab her. We still don't have evidence in proving our mother's innocence but when we arrived at the crime scene, the wound on your mother was still fresh. It couldn't be made more than a half hour ago."
      "What are you saying? It doesn't...." Lan Xichen began but Xue Yang cut him off.
       "I am not over yet." He turned to Lan Wangji and asked,
        "Did you really think that Boashan Sanren was the one who cured your golden core? If so, then let me tell you. Your golden core was destroyed and none in the world can cure it. The only reason for you to still have a core is.... It is not yours! It's my brother's!"
        Lan Wangji's breath hitched.
      "What... What do you me...mean?" He asked hardly for he couldn't speak. Not any longer!
       "What do I mean? Ah...? Hahaha....! Aren't you ashamed? You f****** had his golden core within you and was still planning strategies to kill him. You spent days and nights on planning to kill him while my brother spent each and every little energy that he had in saving you and the innocents. How is it? Isn't it ridiculous? I told my brother many times but he wouldn't listen me. When I say him that you don't deserve all that he does to you, he only replies that, it doesn't concern me in any way. Hah... Hahaha....! And now see where he brought himself to? Hahaha.... "
         Tears kept flowing down his face. Wen Qing too joined him in it. Even though she knew all these earlier, it still brought her tears. She couldn't imagine how there could ever be such a person who was treated cruelly in return.

      Lan Wangji was dumbstruck. He could not believe all that he heard just now. He knew that Wei Wuxian had always put others before himself but to this extent.... And above all, for him...!

       Lan Wangji turned towards Wei Wuxian, went up to him, took his hands into his shaking hands, kisses the palm and buried his face deep within those little palms which was now colder than ever. He cried his heart out.
       "I.... I am s...sorry...! I am re....really sorry....."
       "Your sorry no longer means anything." Wen Qing spat.
       "I....i know...." Lan Wangji sobbed more harder.

       A servent entered the room, bowed to the Nie Sect leader and said,
     "It's time for the funeral to begin."

               "No.....!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks a lot for reading this. Hope you enjoyed!

Don't forget to leave your comments and votes. Follow me for more updates.

STAY TUNED!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!