# CHAPTER 08 #

Thanks for all your comments and votes for the last chapter 😘
It made my heart warm and I mean it.

Well then, no unnecessary talk, let's move into the story 😂

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

          "Wei Ying!"

      "Long time no see, Second Young Master Lan."

          Lan Wangji couldn't believe his eyes. Was he dreaming? How come it happen like this? Wei Ying was now....
          He couldn't think any longer when he heard the other speak to Wen Xu.

         "Where is it?" Wei Wuxian asked.
        Lan Wangji, for the record, not once had he heard the latter speak in such a cold tone. No. He never knew that Wei Wuxian could speak like this. Wei Wuxian had always spoken cheerfully. Now he speaking like this....

         Wen Xu handed the Yin iron to Wei Wuxian. Lan Wangji's eyes widened even more. Wen Xu being so obedient to someone else except for his father... What had really happened in the past few days?

          Wei Wuxian observed it and then laughed. A very distant one. As much as Lan Wangji loved Wei Wuxian's smiles and laugh, he wished he would never hear this particular laugh ever again.

         "Did you just kill all these people for this small piece of iron?"
          Wen Xu didn't dare to speak. In fact, he didn't know how to respond.
         "Speak!"Wei Wuxian said giving death glare.
         Wen Xu fell on his knees the very moment Wei Wuxian said it. He knew that the other was angry. The Wen soldiers lowered their heads even more.
         "Answering to the General Wei," Wen Xu began, "we killed them because they wouldn't surrender easily if we don't."
         "Mm."

         Wei Wuxian perceived the iron for a little more and then briefly turned towards Lan Wangji.
         "Why didn't I know that Second Young Master Lan had such a thing?"
         "Answering to the General Wei, we too do not know."
         "I see. Well then.... Take him with us. And as for the Yin iron, I will keep it."
         "Yes." Wen Xu obeyed.

        Lan Wangji was in a trance. He didn't quite understand what was happening. Wei Wuxian had gone missing for almost two weeks and now he was being called as, 'General Wei'. Not only was the Wen soldiers respecting and obeying him but also, Wen Xu, the sect heir of the Wen was also doing the same. Was something wrong with them or Wei Wuxian? Lan Wangji was more than muddled.

        Lan Wangji knew that if this keeps on going, then his eyes would fall out sooner or later.
        They were now walking towards the Wen's prison. Wei Wuxian ahead of them, Wen Xu a little behind Wei Wuxian and the soldiers, holding Lan Wangji in place, behind both of them.
          Each and every single person they encounter on their way, bowed deep to Wei Wuxian addressing as, 'General Wei'. Some did not even trouble thenselves in bowing down to Wen Xu. But everyone bowed to Wei Wuxian without fail. Lan Wangji couldn't help thinking, "Wei Ying, who are you really?"

         Lan Wangji was thrown into a dark cell. Well, it wasn't as if he expected the Wen's to provide him with a luxurious room. But he didn't expect this either. A cell where some corners were filled with human skeletons and bones. It gave a very unpleasant odor. For, Lan Wangji who had always valued cleanliness as much as he valued his soul, this was far beyond disgusting. But right at that moment, this wasn't his concern at all. All he could care was....
        "Wei Ying....!"

        Wei Wuxian was about to exit the cell when Lan Wangji called out for him. He stopped and inhaled deeply. The other was getting on his nerves. He turned towards the Wen soldiers and instructed,
        "You all leave. I have some business to talk with Second Young Master Lan."
        "Yes."
         Within a few minutes, they were alone. During his seclusion, Lan Wangji has thought of many ways of how he and Wei Wuxian would meet again. But it never once occurred to him that they would meet under such a circumstance.