# CHAPTER 38 #

Wei Wuxian was still on the restaurant talking to Jin Guanyao when he heard on his mind, Lan Wangji say,

"I just wanted him to know that I am alive."

Wei Wuxian's heart broke hearing it. How could he not know that Lan Wangji was alive? Lan Wangji was living in him. In his heart!

Wei Wuxian could no more continue the idle chat with Jin Guanyao so he excuses himself from him. He took A-yaun with him.

When Wei Wuxian was out of sight, Jin Guanyao murmured to himself,

"I will soon make you mine."

When Wei Wuxian returned to Burial Mounds, he saw Lan Xichen standing there with some other disciples. He knew why they were here.

Upon seeing him, Lan Xichen called out to him,

"Wei Wuxian!"

Lan Xichen had always considered Wei Wuxian as his own brother. But the tragedy fell upon their families changed everything. And now, he wanted to renew this relationship.

"Zewu Jun." Yilling Patriarch responded.

Lan Xichen stopped in his tracks. Wei Wuxian had always been calling him 'Xichen ge' but now, this new way of addressing felt strange.

But before he could say anything else, Wei Wuxian said, "Second Master Lan is inside, resting. Follow me, I will take you in."

Wei Wuxian did not wait for anyone and made his way up the mountain. Lan Xichen thought that he could may be have a proper conversation with Wei Wuxian later. Now, he had to see his little brother.

Wei Wuxian took them to a cave and signed them to go in.

Lan Xichen nodded in a way to show his thanks and went in. Lan Wangji was there, resting. He looked so weak. But with just one look, Lan Xichen could tell that Lan Wangji was hurting in heart than body.

"Wangji..." he went up to him.

"Brother...." Lan Wangji called back.

"How do you feel now?"

"Better." Lan Xichen knew that his brother was lying but he thought, he should not talk about it deeper now. He then began asking about the reason for the illness and all other things. When he was finally done, he said,

"Wuxian wanted me to take you back."

"Brother, please, I don't want to come yet."

"You could at least come there to recover well."

"This is the only place where I have my cure."

"Wangji, please...."

"Brother, please! Don't force me." Lan Wangji pleaded.

Lan Xichen gave in. Sometimes, it was too hard to convince his little brother.

"Alright then, you can stay here. But do send me frequent letters."

"I will."

"I am leaving then. Take care of yourself. Don't do this again. OK?"

"Mn."

Lan Xichen sighed. He patted his brother and turned around to leave. He just wished happiness for his brother!

Wei Wuxian who was watching the whole scene on his mind, commented,

"Lan Zhan, don't worry. I will soon be your cure once again."

Later that night, Wei Wuxian called his brother and said,

"A-Yang, I have a found a lead on Lan Wangji's mother's death."

"What?! What is it?"

"I am still not sure though. Its just one of my speculation because I do not know why he would be doing this. So you just keep an eye on him and report everything he does throughout the day. I mean, everything!"

"Sure, who is it?"

Once his talk was over with his little brother, Wei Wuxian thought to himself,

"Lan Zhan, I just want to get back to you as soon as possible."

--------

It had been a month since then. Since all that happened. Although Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were still apart, they were making progress.

The only thing that Lan Wangji hated was, constant visits of Jin Guanyao. Lan Wangji hated him to the core. He did not know why he was visiting Wei Wuxian constantly. "When had they become such good friends?" Lan Wangji thought to himself.

Today was another day of Jin Guanyao's visit. Lan Wangji never had a proper conversation with him and he did not care to either. But today, must have been a bad day, because when he was walking down the mountain into the city, he spotted Jin Guanyao. Lan Wangji took no notice of him and just continued his walk down the mountain when Jin Guanyao called to him,

"Lan Wangji, how are you doing? Seems like, you have recovered well."

"Mn." Lan Wangji replied.

"That's good. Your brother was worried about you. When have you planned to visit your brother? He would be relieved."

"Not soon, I send him letters regularly." Lan Wangji said in his monotonous tone.

"Why bother staying here where no one needs you rather than stay in Gusu where you have your family?" Jin Guanyao asked hatefully, but in his kindest voice.

Lan Wangji gave him a pointed look.

"Please don't take me wrong." Jin Guanyao added.

"No one has to need me here. I will stay where I want." Lan Wangji replied hatefully and he did not bother hiding his hatred towards Jin Guanyao.

Jin Guanyao clenched his teeth and Lan Wangji did not fail to notice it, and asked,

"A-xian doesn't love you anymore then why do you still chase after him? He is already seeing me."

Lan Wangji gave a bitter smile before replying,

"Wei Ying could be with anyone. But his heart will always belong to me."

Jin Guanyao did not know what overtook him at that moment, because before he knew, he unsheathed his sword from the waist and stabbed Lan Wangji right on his abdomen asking,

"Then what will you do if you are dead?!"

Lan Wangji could not speak anymore. Blood soar out and he fell on the ground.

It was only then, Jin Guanyao came back to his senses. He widened his eyes in horror! What has he done!

He looked around for a sign of someone and making sure that there was no one around, he soon fled.

He glanced back for one last time to see Lan Wangji, who lay there in his own pool of blood!