# CHAPTER 44 #

Wei Wuxian was astonished. All these days, he had been waiting to prove his mother's innocence and when he had finally got the chance, he was unavke to do it.

Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Wangji seeking for help but Lan Wangji could not understand what was wrong. He just kept repeating to talk louder.

Wei Wuxian was muddled. What should he do? How could he just let it go like this?

Wei Wuxian tried to calm down and thought for a solution. But it was too distracting. He could here the cultivators say,

"He is playing another one of his tricks again."

"Exactly. How could there be such disgusting people on earth?"

Su She looked around and at Jin Guanyao who was smirking hardly. He understood the situation very well, it could only be Jin Guanyao who must have played this trick on Wei Wuxian. Su She realised that this was exact moment to turn the plates so he said, taking advantage of the situation,

"Wei Wuxian, weren't you talking so loudly just now? What happened all of a sudden? Are you pretending to be dumb so that you could escape easily? Huh?"

"Wei Ying doesn't have to pretend." Lan Wangji defended his beloved.

"Hanguang Jun, what exactly did Wei Wuxian do to you that you are deceived to the point you cannot see right and wrong clearly anymore?" Su She questioned Lan Wangji.

Lan Wangji clenched his sword and replied,

"Only traitors like you, can deceive others. Just like now."

"Hahaha...." Su She laughed out loud, "It is very clear to everyone present here, who are traitors and who are not. Hanguang Jun, you better try to think of a solution to save yourself from the mess that you created rather than trying to defend that son of a murderer."

Lan Wangji could not control the anger rising in him for Wei Wuxian being called as such, but he tried to reply calmly.

"Childe Su, I advise you the same. You better try to think of a solution to save yourself from the mess that you created rather than trying to defend that son of a.... Prostitute." Lan Wangji said pointing towards Jin Guanyao.

Lan Wangji had never used such low class words but today, at this very moment, he did not regret using it. After all, it was the truth. And the truth must be spoken outwardly.

Su She was taken aback hearing it and for a moment, he could not make out his words. When he finally came back to himself, he barked,

"Lan Wangji, how dare..... Mmph... Mmph..." Su She tried to get out his words but it was too late. Lan Wangji had casted the silencing spell on him.

"Everyone must have a taste of their own medicine." Lan Wangji replied calmly.

It was a great loss to Jin Guanyao when Lan Wangji casted the silencing spell on Su She fir he did not have a defender anymore. Jin Guanyao clenched his teeth in anger and casted an evil look at Lan Wangji who smirked back at him.

"Wangji, what's going on?" Lan Qiren questioned having enough of everyone's drama.

"Uncle, it was not Wei Ying who stabbed me, it was Jin Guanyao." Lan Wangji no longer had any patience and blurted out the truth.

"What?" Everyone exclaimed.

"Lan Wangji, are you trying to save Wei Wuxian?" A cultivator questioned.

"Yes, I am trying to save Wei Wuxian and prove his and his mother's innocence on all the accusations we made on them earlier."

"Wangji," Lan Qiren called out, "we did not accuse anyone falsely. We had clear and strong evidence against them."

"Those evidences were forged." Lan Wangji replied.

"How could you prove it? What evidence do you have?" Lan Qiren demanded.

Evidence... They needed evidence! But, looking at Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji realized that it will not be easy anymore. Lan Wangji looked down unable to answer his uncle.

At the sight of Lan Wangji being silent, the cried began to comment once again.

"Lan Wangji, if I were asked, I would strongly condemn you to be punished alongside Wei Wuxian!"

"If anyone is to be punished, that should be Childe Jin and Childe Su." Lan Wangji stated.

"You keep saying that, aren't you tired of it? Just show the evidence and everything will be over."

Lan Wangji looked at Wei Wuxian who was racking his brain for a solution, he held his lovers hand and said,

"No one can escape from their crimes. Sooner or later, they will be punished. It is OK." Lan Wangji tried to calm down Wei Wuxian for he knew his lover was down in the dumps right now.

Wei Wuxian looked right back at him, with tears threatening to fall and smiled sadly as if Lan Wangji's words were really comforting.

But then looking at Lan Wangji, Wei Wuxian suddenly got an idea out of no where. He was surprised and stunned with himself fur not thinking of this solution sooner.

Lan Wangji saw the facial changes of Wei Wuxian and realized he had come up with an idea already. Lan Wangji smiled at Wei Wuxian for his intelligence and squeezed his hand as a promise that even if it went right or wrong, he would surely stay by him and this was enough for Wei Wuxian who brimming from ear to ear.

Looking at how his younger brother was communicating to Wei Wuxian, Lan Xichen realized that Wuxian was casted an silencing spell similar to their clan's but had little differences. He remember teaching the spell to only one person whom he considered to be trustworthy and that was... Jin Guanyao! Realization hit Lan Xichen hard and he glanced at Childe Jin and for his utter shock, he could see Jin Guanyao clenching his fists and glaring at Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. Lan Xichen now understood why Wei Wuxian had warned him earlier to not regret his words. Seemed like, from the very beginning, he had been wrong about Jin Guanyao!

࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚࿙࿚

Your wait is finally over! The next chapter will be on how Jin Guanyao will be punished for his crimes alongside Su She. So I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and would be excited for the next update. 

Don't forget to leave your comments and votes and follow me for more updates.

HAVE A GREAT DAY AHEAD!