# CHAPTER 27 #

"Lan Zhan...." Wei Wuxian called out. But Lan Wangji had fainted so couldn't hear anything.

Wei Wuxian sprinkled water on the other's face and this made Lan Wangji get back his consciousness.

Wei Wuxian helped Lan Wangji to bed while Lan Wangji just stating at him as if he still could not believe what he was seeing. When Wei Wuxian was busy taking care of his beloved, Lan Wangji who was still in a daze, caught Wei Wuxian's hand in his. Wei Wuxian was taken by surprise when Lan Wangji took hold of his hand.

Wei Wuxian looked up towards him. Lan Wangji was staring right at him. Their eyes met. For a second, Wei Wuxian forgot the rest of the world. He got lost in those beautiful pair of eyes. It was those jade like eyes made him fall in love with Lan Wangji. Those eyes which always seemed expressionless to others, carried so much of emotions within it which could only be read by Wei Wuxian.

Lan Wangji looked into the eyes of his lover. Although he still could not believe that his soul mate was just near him, he still wanted to cherish this moment, so he held his hand and brought it closer to his face. He rested his face on Wei Wuxian's palm. It smelled like Wei Ying. His Wei Ying!

Wei Wuxian's heart swelled with Lan Wangji's actions. He tried to control his tears. It was so overwhelming to be with your lover after such a long time, it felt like ages.

But since Lan Wangji no longer had control of his tears, he began weeping. This was not the first time Lan Wangji had wept since his mother's death. But this was the first time someone was holding onto him while he was weeping. This felt so good. So good that he would give his life just to get this feeling. It felt so good to have someone by you during your hard times. But for Lan Wangji, it could not be just anyone, it has to be his Wei Ying. His Wei Ying.....!

"Lan Zhan, how.... how are you?"

Wei Wuxian could not ask it for he knew exactly how his Lan Zhan was doing. He was dying, to be more precise. But he did not know what else could he ask except for this. He just wanted to have a conversation with his beloved. Who knows if this would be there last conversation! After all, marriage changes people and who knows if the same would happen with Lan Wangji!

"Lan Zhan....," Wei Wuxian called out again as Lan Wangji was still weeping and could not comprehend the right words.

"Wei..... Wei Ying....., come back to me.... Please...."

Those words ripped Wei Wuxian inside out. He could not control his tears anymore.

"Lan Zhan..... Please.... Don't ask me that... Please...."

Lan Wangji held Wei Wuxian's hand even more tighter fearing that he would leave any moment.

"I know I wronged you. I know..... I know I failed you. I.... bro... broke the promise I made to you. I.... I don't deserve yo... you. But... But I love you.... I promise I love you... Please bel... believe me..."

Lan Wangji begged.

"Lan Zhan...." Wei Wuxian's voice cracked. He could not speak. It was too hard. Love was so hard!

"Lan Zhan, I am sorry.... But we... we are over...."

"No....!" Lan Wangji literally screamed. He brought his hand and rested it on Wei Wuxian's heart.

His lips curved up despite the tears flowing down his cheeks. With a little smile he said,

"It's.... It's beating...." Then as if he couldn't believe his own words, he repeated with a surprised look, "It's beating.... Wei Ying, your...." More tears flowed down his neck. Lan Wangji felt like he was in heavens. Like a small child who got his favourite candy, Lan Wangji repeated, "Your... Your heart is beating for me.... For me....!!!"

"It has always been beating for you." Wei Wuxian replied and then with a very sad smile he continued, "It has been beating for you ever since you saved me from that ugly dog. It has been beating for you even more faster when you tied your head ribbon on me as a sign of you engaging me officially. It has been longing for you whenever you were gone away and we couldn't meet. It has been yearning for your trust when others framed my family. And..... And it had been broken by you.... when... when you announced that you were cutting all ties with me."

Wei Wuxian was a crying mess right now. Hearing those words made Lan Wangji realise how much of a fool he had been and could not help but fall on his knees in front of Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian was taken aback when Lan Wangji pushed him away and fell on his knees on the floor, begging,

"I... I am sorry.... I am sorry for eve..everything. I am really sorry.... I am extremely sorry.... I don't deserve your forgiveness, I don't deserve your love but my heart won't listen for me. It yearns for you. It beats for you. It seeks forgiveness from you despite knowing that I don't deserve it. It won't listen to me anymore. It just..... Keep on beating for you giving me hope that one day.... one day we will be together and it would last forever. I.... I just can't help but pray that my heart is right and I am wrong. I just can't help but wish.... Wish we would be together sooner and would be thousand times more happier than we were before. I..."

Lan Wangji wanted to say more but Wei Wuxian joined him on the floor and shut his mouth with his lips. Lan Wangji did not understand if all this were true but he wanted to savour this moment so he too kissed back with the little energy he had left with him.

"Lan Zhan......" Wei Wuxian said resting his forehead on Lan Wangji's, "as much as I want your wishes to come true, I am sorry, but I don't think it would happen in this lifetime."

"Wei...."

"Lan Zhan, I don't think we were meant to be toge. From the beginning, we were meant to be apart. It's just that, it took too long for us to apart and within this time we got closer to each other."

"No! No, Wei Ying...., I am sorry.... I am so sorry please.... Please don't leave me... Please... Take me with you.... Please.... Don't leave me alone.... Please....."

Lan Wangji held Wei Wuxian closer and tighter fearing that he would leave.

"No, Lan Zhan, I am sorry but I have more important things to do. Especially, find out who killed your mother framed my mother for it. And who would not want me dead so resurrected me back. I have to find out everything. Everything Lan Zhan. And when I have finally proved my mother 's innocence, I will go back to where I came from. This world and love is never meant for me. I lost my mother for it and I am not ready for another heartbreak. I am sorry."

"Wei Ying...., please, let's find out the truth together. Please.... Don't leave me... Please....."

Lan Wangji used all his strength to make the other stay but Wei Wuxian got out of his grip so easily.

"Lan Zhan, its time for me to leave. Its your engagement tomorrow." Wei Wuxian said with a sad smile and then continued, "I am sorry Lan Zhan but this.... this meeting, I mean, we shouldn't have met now Lan Zhan. I should not have come to see you now. I am sorry cause now I am gonna erase this memory from you. I hope you don't remember anything when you wake up tomorrow."

"No....! Please don't! Wei Ying please....."

Wei Wuxian took no heed of Lan Wangji's cries and did what he thought would be the best for them. Erasing the memory! When it was done, Wei Wuxian made sure that there was no sign of him being here and left the room as quietly as he has entered, into thin air, mumbling to himself,

"I am sorry Lan Zhan."

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

I just want them back together 🥺🥺

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. 

Do not forget to leave your votes and comments. Follow me for more updates. 

STAY TUNED! 

HAVE A GREAT DAY!