# CHAPTER 29 #

Everyone present there was stunned

Everyone present there was stunned. Stunned to the extent that they questioned themselves if they were dreaming?

"How could the dead be alive?" They whispered among themselves.

They could not believe what they were seeing. They all remembered the tragedy that had befallen upon the Wei family. They remembered that there were two death in the family, namely : Cangse Sanren and Wei Wuxian. How could the latter be alive?

The hall had a pin drop silence. No one was able to say anything. They just kept staring at the new figure that approached out of thin air. They were in a daze. And they were even more stunned when Lan Wangji had the courage to call out,

"Wei Ying..."

Lan Wangji was not stunned for he knew that his beloved was alive. But he was surprised at the sight of his beloved after months. He was on cloud nine. He could not describe his happiness through words. He had longed to see that face and now that he was finally able to see it, he just couldn't control the emotions surging up within him.

Getting no response from his beloved, Lan Wangji called out again,

"Wei Ying...." This time, he came forward to his love of the life, trying to get a closer look at him. But before he could get closer, the Yilling Patriarch replied,

"Second Master Lan."

That voice was colder than ice and hearing it, made others shiver. Lan Wangji too felt the same.

This voice was much more different than what he had heard in the forest. This voice was more revengeful and it was filled with hatred. This voice was so shard that it could rip anyone apart.

Lan Wangji did not expect this. He knew for sure that last night, Wei Wuxian had come to see him. And he knew very well that no matter where he went, Wei Wuxian followed him. He knew fir sure that deep down Wei Wuxian still had feelings for him. He was so sure but right now, hearing that voice, looking at those eyes, the cold demeanor of his beloved,..... Lan Wangji's hope of ever being together with his beloved was slowly fading away.

"Wei Ying...." He called out again but this time, anyone with heart could understand that the Second Master Lan was in great pain.

"Second Master Lan, we are extremely sorry for not bringing any congratulatory gift on your engagement. We did not know that it was your engagement until we cane here. Not our fault though. Still we wish you a very happy married life." Xue Yang replied smugly.

Lan Wangji took no care of Xue Yang's words for he was looking at Wei Wuxian. He kept eyeing him but it was in vain. Wei Wuxian did not regard his presence as anyone important. He just shrugged off Lan Wangji as they had not known each other before. And this what hurt Lan Wangji the most. He never knew his Wei Ying could be so cold. And before he could say anything further, Xue Yang spoke again,