# CHAPTER 39 #

Wei Wuxian was creating a new talisman when he saw Lan Wangji encounter Jin Guanyao on his way down the mountain

Wei Wuxian was creating a new talisman when he saw Lan Wangji encounter Jin Guanyao on his way down the mountain. Wei Wuxian knew how much Lan Wangji was hurt ever since Jin Guanyao has begun visiting him regularly. To be honest, Wei Wuxian never liked any of Jin Guanyao's visits. He was more than glad, if he couldn't visit due to any sect matters.

Wei Wuxian did not want Lan Wangji to have a conversation with Jin Guanyao so he was contented when Lan Wangji chose to ignore his presence and continued walking. But he knew that Jin Guanyao wouldn't leave Lan Wangji alone and as he expected, Jin Guanyao called out to Lan Wangji and began starting non sense.

Wei Wuxian was fuming in anger when Jin Guanyao declared that he was seeing him. How badly he wanted to punch that face!

Wei Wuxian's heart was blooming in happiness and love when Lan Wangji replied Jin Guanyao saying,

"Wei Ying could be with anyone, but his heart will always belong to me!"

Wei Wuxian was on cloud nine hearing it. His Lan Zhan really knew his heart very well more than he knew it. He knew his Lan Zhan was so good at reading him that sometimes he found it hard to lie to Lan Zhan.

After ages, hearing that single sentence, made Wei Wuxian smile from his heart! He could not wait for the day in which he and Lan Zhan will be together once again. He prayed that it would happen sooner than later.

Wei Wuxian was so immersed in his thoughts that he did not see the facial changes of Jin Guanyao' and the anger rising in him. He was so happy with what Lan Wangji had just said that it took him a long time to get back to his senses and when he was finally on his senses, what he saw made him froze.

He saw, Lan Wangji laying there on his own pool of blood!

Wei Wuxian could not believe his eyes!

Wei Wuxian tried to focus back again only to see the same scene repeatedly. Had something gone wrong with the talisman that he was seeing things? Wei Wuxian tried to check if his talisman was working properly and to his horror, it indeed was working properly! Which meant that......

"No..... No......!"

Wei Wuxian screamed his lungs out before running to Lan Wangji. He did not pay attention to his surroundings so he missed the abnormal looks the Wen's gave him upon seeing him running so fast like a person who had lost his mind. 

Wei Wuxian could not think of anything right now. He just wanted to save his Kan Zhan as fast as possible before Lan Wangji's life is at stake. Wei Wuxian would do anything to save his Lan Zhan. 

Xue Yang knew his brother well. His brother had never acted like this so seeing his brother running so fast meant that something was terribly wrong. So he ran after his brother hoping that it was nothing serious. 

Wei Wuxian finally reached the exact place in which Lan Wangji lay, gasping for air. Wei Wuxian took Lan Wangji in his arms and held him closer to his heart. 

"Lan Zhan," he cried, "Lan Zhan, I am sorry. I am very sorry. I could not come to save you at the right time. I am sorry Lan Zhan. Please look at me. Lan Zhan, look at your Wei Ying. Lan Zhan...." He cried harder. He turned to see his brother standing there, frozen as a statue. 

" Xue... Xue Yang, c...call Wen Qing. Call Wen Qing!" Wei Wuxian screamed and this made Xue Yang get out of his shock. 

Xue Yang ran up the mountain as fast as he could to get Wen Qing as they could not move Lan Wangji which may make him bleed more. 

Wei Wuxian tried to wake up Lan Wangji, patting on his face harder, crying out his name and begging for him to be alright. 

"Lan Zhan, please wake up. Please.... Don't scare me. Please..... Wake up Lan Zhan. Look at your Wei Ying. Please...." Wei Wuxian sobbed harder. 

"Er gege.... Your Wei Ying is here. Will you not open your eyes and see him. Er gege please.... You promised me that you will do anything I wish, Lan Zhan I wish you to open your eyes and look at me. Please Lan Zhan. Lan Wangji say something!" Wei Wuxian held Lan Wangji more closer and tighter pleading Lan Wangji to open his eyes. He was scared to death! 

"W..... Wei.... Yi... Ying....." came a hoarse voice from his beloved and Wei Wuxian stopped in his tracks. Did he hear it right? Wei Wuxian sprang his head towards Lan Wangji only to see his beloved looking at him. 

"Lan..... Lan Zhan..." Wei Wuxian cried.

"Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan...... Lan Zhan thanks a lot. Thank you. Please don't close your eyes again. Please.... Lan Zhan your Wei Ying is here. Please talk to me. Please...." Wei Wuxian could not speak properly for he was a crying mess. 

Lan Wangji could not see his love crying so badly. He seared that he would never make Wei Wuxian cry. But now, he had broken his promise again! 

Lan Wangji tried to bring his hand upto Wei Wuxian to wipe away his tears but he failed. He felt pain all over. Seeing that his Lan Zhan wanted to hold him, Wei Wuxian took Lan Wangji's hand and placed it on his face and kisses the palm of his lover. 

"Lan Zhan, you will be alright. I will not let anything happ to you. Lan Zhan, just... Just don't close your eyes, ok?" 

Lan Wangji could not hear what Wei Wuxian was saying as he was trying hard to keep his eyes open. 

"W.... Wei... Ying..., do....don't cr....cry...." Saying so Lan Wangji wiped away the tears from his beloved's face. These words and his action, made Wei Wuxian weep harder. 

"Lan Zhan....... Lan Zhan..... Don't mind about me, please stay awake..... Please...."

Lan Wangji could see Wei Wuxian was saying something but he could not make out his words. His consciousness was fading in and out. Lan Wangji feared that of something happened to him, he will never be able to tell his Wei Ying that he had always been saying but still wanted to say more. So he beckoned Wei Wuxian to come closer. When Wei Wuxian did what he had asked, he tried his best to inch even more closer to his Wei Ying and whispered in his ear, 

"I..... I am so....sorry fo...for every....thing.... I.... I broke... y...your hea...heart but.... I... I rea...really lo...love yo...you fro....from the bott....bottom of.... my hea....heart... Will..... Will yo...you acc...acceot m...my lo...love?

Wei Wuxian could not control his cry and sobbed even more harder clutching onto Lan Wangji, crying, 

"Yes.... Yes, Lan Zhan. Yes... I have long ago.... accepted your love.... Lan... Lan Zhan, you have promised me that you will be.... there for me whenever I...want. Lan Wangji, I com...command you now, don't..... don't leave me......! Please.......!" 

Wei Wuxian pleades but little did he know, his Lan Zhan had already closed his eyes!