# CHAPTER 03 #

Thanks for all your comments and votes in the previous chapter 🥰
Hope you all enjoy this too..!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

        "Young Master Wei, today, in this ancestral hall, with the presence of all the sect leaders, I formally announce that I, Lan Wangji dissolve the engagement with Wei Wuxian and that I no longer have any affairs with the Wei family."

         Silence. Pin drop silence. It wasn't because they were afraid to speak, it was because they were too shocked speak. How could they not be? The whole cultivational world knew how lovey dovey these two were even before their marriage. There had not been a single time when they had spotted them alone. Somehow or anyhow they had always sticked around together. And now, Lan Wangji declaring such a thing.....

         "Lan Wangji, you cannot do this to my brother." Xue Yang said with clenched teeth.
         "My life choices are my own. It has nothing to do with anyone."
        Rumors said that it was better to keep shut than greet the second jade of Lan. And now everyone clearly understood the reason. Seems like Bichen is not the only blade second jade had.
        "Lan Wangji... I will remember this." Xue Yang spat back.
         Lan Wangji shrugged it off in his own way. He then turned back to Wei Wuxian and said,
          "Young Master Wei, can I have the Gusu Lan's ribbon back?"

           Wei Wuxian wasn't in a state to form any coherent sentence. He couldn't even make out the words of Lan Wangji. "L...Lan Zhan... What did Lan Zhan say just n..now?
H..he said that... that he is going to d...dissolve the e..engagement, r.. right? N..no. Lan Zhan w...will never do t..that. He wi..will never d..do that to m..me..."
          "Young Master Wei.." Lan Wangji called out again.
          Wei Wuxian came back to reality. So... He hadn't misheard. H..he had heard it right! Which meant that.......
          Wei Wuxian looked up at Lan Wangji.
           The eyes that always soften just with a glimpse of him was now glaring daggers at him. The lips that always find its way upwards with just a glimpse of him was now not showing any movements for a smile at all. Realization dawned upon him. His Lan Zhan no longer... Loved him!

          "L...Lan Zhan..." He called weakly.
          Lan Wangji did not respond. There was not even a slightest twitch in his eyes.
        "Lan Zhan.." Wei Wuxian called out again, but a little more firmer. He knew he was going to break down in tears sooner or later. But he would try to convince the other before it. At least he could save his mother.
          "Lan Zhan, I know that you are upset. You are sad and confused because of the.... unexpected and sudden turn of events. I know very well that you cannot think straight now. You are devastated.. So Lan Zhan pl..please don't take any decisions rashly. Please L..Lan Zhan.... I.... beg you.."
         His voice cracked at the end. He couldn't hide tears any longer. But he couldn't care any less either.
         "Young Master Wei, you are correct. I cannot think straight now. So I had already given myself time. I didn't make this decision rashly. I have made this decision after considering it for a week. So.."
        "Lan Zhan, wait.. listen to..."
       "I hate you." Lan said emotionless.
        Just by hearing it, Wei Ying's world came crashing down. But still he tried to keep his composure.
        "L...Lan Zhan, you don't have to like me. You don't have to care for me. Y..you can be the way you want. J...Just let me care for you. Let me show you what happiness is. Let me accompany you through your highs and the lows. Let me give my world to you. J...just let me love you..? Huh....? Can you let me do that? Please Lan Zhan...!"
          He sounded hoarse due to crying. But who cares for he was about to lose the love of his life!
          His Lan Zhan no longer needed him. His Lan Zhan no longer cared for him. His Lan Zhan no longer adored him. His Lan Zhan no longer....no longer loved him!
          Tears welled up more in his eyes. He couldn't cease the tears from flowing down his cheeks. He couldn't help but show his vulnerability to Lan Zhan. His Lan Zhan!