# CHAPTER 15 #

Thanks for all your comments and votes for the last chapter.
Hope you all enjoy this too.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

        "Ge......!"
        "Wei Wuxian.........!"
        "Young Master Wei........!"

        ".......Wei Ying........!"

        Lan Wangji had been dazed out. He couldn't understand what just happened. He couldn't believe his eyes.
       Since that day when Wei Wuxian asked Jiang Yanli for his own need, Lan Wangji had never for once thought it over. It never occurred to him that Wei Wuxian might be saving them instead of harming them.
      Wei Wuxian's words ran through his ears.
      "I am not heartless as you Lan's nor will I ever be. So Second Master Lan can be rest assured."
       So..... Does it mean that.... He was the one who had been wrong all these while..... Does it mean that he had been blinded by hatred all these while..... Does it mean that....
      Lan Wangji clenched his sword tight. It was his fault from the beginning!

         It had been a day. A day since everything happened. Most of them were happy since everything was over and now they could live without fear. They were celebrating too. But a very few who had strived hard to bring down the Wen's were sad and dejected. Well... they were more than sad.

       Nie Mingju had called everyone to the meeting hall as they had all demanded an answer for the events that happened day before yesterday. Nie Mingju didn't know how they had come to know that he had a secret connection with Wei Wuxian but somehow all of them had gathered mow in front of him and was giving him various faces. He had no other options except to spit out the truth. He wasn't planning on hiding it but he just didn't want to expose the truth so soon because there was something more important to take care of right now and that being Wei Wuxian's health whose pulse was becoming lower and lower with every passing hour of the day.

        Meng Yao could noonger stand it. His whole plan had been ruined. Every single thing that he planned was after a whole thousand time thinking. And now.....
       "Sect leader Nie.... I think it is the time for you to say us all the truth. We shouldn't keep them waiting for they  must rest after the long and tiresome past few weeks."
       "Mm....." Nie Mingju nodded. With that he began.

         "Well.... This is the thing.... When I received the news that Cloud Recesses was burnt and destroyed, I clearly knew that this was not something easy. If the Wen's are showing their power now after all the times that they could have shown, meant that they were had been preparing for this since a long time ago. So then we wouldn't be able to bring them down very easily.
         Two weeks before Wen's attacked us I understood that there were spies in my clan. I still don't know who is it or if it is one or more than that but I am very sure that there is. The rea for me to me it now is because I know that he or she is somewhere around here and is listening to me. So I wanted to tell you that no matter who you are but once you are caught you are dead. I will not tolerate dishonesty.
        And then, I thought why not I do the same for the Wen's. But then I didn't know who'd be appropriate for it. Coincidentally, I came across Wei Wuxian. I didn't know if he was the right person but something in me refused to accept that there would be no one more appropriate. So I talked to him.
       Just so you know, it wasn't easy. I think that someone must have been talking to him during his stay in the prison and had been able to convince him negatively because when I mentioned him about the misfortune that fell upon Cloud Recesses he was sad at the same time happy. I know that Wei Wuxian isn't someone to hold grudges so I was surprised when I heard it.
       After a long talking, he agreed. And he didn't want anything in return. All he wanted was a good life for his brother once he is gone. I don't know what he meant by that but I think it is time to keep the promise. "

       "Wei Ying will not die." Lan Wangji said coldly.

        The hall was pin drop silence and only the voice of Nie Mingju could be heard so when Lan Wangji spoke, a shiver ran through everyone present.

         "Second Master Lan, I know it is not easy to accept but you cannot always think the same." Nie Mingju stated.
         "Wangji...." Lan Xichen began but Lan Wangji cut him off.
          "As long as Wei Ying is alive the mark on my hand will not dissappear."
       "What mark?" asked Nie Mingju.
       "I'll explain that." Lan Xichen said for he knew his brother wasn't good at speaking a lot at a time.
        "Once when Wei Wuxian went on a night hunt, he was badly injured. He was hardly breathing. Wangji was terrified and wanted to immediately see the other. But since he lives on Yilling, the journey took more time than we thought. But all thanks to God, when we reached there, Wei Wuxian had recovered a little. But it didn't ease Wangji. He was still fifteen then. So in order to assure him of Wei Wuxian's health, our late mother made a mark on his wrist using Wei Wuxian's energy. So no matter what happen, as long as Wei Wuxian is alive, the mark on Wangji's wrist will not dissappear. "
        "Oh.... Then how is the mark now?"  Nie Mingju asked.

         Lan Wangji lifted his sleeve and looked down at his wrist. He couldn't believe his eyes!

         The mark was fading!

---------------------------------------------------------

Done.
Please leave your comments and votes. If you haven't followed me yet then please follow me.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Stay safe and healthy!
Have a great day!