# CHAPTER 36 #

"Is that person more important to him than me?" Lan Wangji asked

"Eh......" Xue Yang hesitated.

"Who is he?" Lan Wangji tried to stop the tears.

"You have finished eating. That's great. You have some rest for a while until I bring you your medicines from Qing Jie." Xue Yang tried to escape.

"Who is he? Please, tell me..." Lan Wangji pleaded.

"Lan Wangji, your brother will be here soon. You better have some rest before travelling."

Xue Yang did not want to say who that person was because he knew how much it hurts to see your beloved with someone else.

"Can you please tell me who is that certain someone for whom Wei Wuxian cared more than me? Please..... Its killing me already."

Xue Yang did not know how else he could refuse, so with a deep breath he said,

"Jin Guanyao!"

Lan Wangji inhaled sharply trying to stop any tears that would flow right now.

"Jin Guanyao......" Lan Wangji repeated.

"Yeah..."

Lan Wangji closed his eyes. So it was him! Lan Wangji smiled bitterly for he could no longer cry.

"Lan Wangji, are you ok?"

"Could you please take me to where they are?"

"What?!" Xue Yang thought that he misheard it.

"Please...." Lan Wangji begged.

"No way, Lan Wangji! Impossible! Qing Jie has already commanded not to make you move much as it will be draining the little energy left in you. Don't you even think of going anywhere!"

"Please..... Help me.....

"Why do you even want to meet them?"

"I just want to have a look at Wei Ying with his.... New friend..." Lan Wangji said the last two words, quietly but Xue Yang did not miss it.

"There is no need."

"I need. Please, please help me... I promise nothing will happen to me and I will take care of myself. Please, take me down the mountain and show me where they are. Please..."

Xue Yang refused at first. But looking at those pleading eyes and hearing those non stop begging from Lan Wangji, he could no longer refuse. At last, he agreed.

"Thank you so much." Lan Wangji tried to bow only to flinch in pain.

"Listen, let's mount on my sword together. You are not allowed to walk or move anywhere. Understood?" Xue Yang spoke in a very stern voice and for once Lan Wangji thought that it was his uncle.

"Yes." He replied sternly.

"Wait here for me."

With that he left to make the necessary arrangements to keep Lan Wangji safe until they returned. He asked Wen Ning to cover up for them and once everything was done, he made Lan Wangji get onto his sword after much difficulty with the help of Wen Ning. He repeatedly reminded Wen Ning not to let anyone into the cave and to be careful.

Lan Wangji felt so frustrated at the thought of him being so weak. He had never been man handled and this was the first time someone had done it to him. It was just that.... He wished it was his Wei Ying.

When they had finally made it into the city, and was Infront of a small restaurant, Xue Yang slowly made him get down and helped him stand straight.

Lan Wangji inhaled sharply and clenched his fists, to keep himself grounded.

"They are here." Xue Yang said, "Let's get in."

"Mn." Lan Wangji nodded.

Xue Yang took him into the restaurant and looked around for a sign of his brother. And there they were, round the corner, laughing merrily as if they were having a nice relationship with each other.

Lan Wangji followed the direction Xue Yang was looking at and he too saw the scene. There were both Wei Wuxian and Jin Guanyao along with Wen Yuan. Lan Wangji clenched his teeth and tried to maintain his composure.

Ever since Lan Wangji entered Burial Mounds, he had always thought that once he and Wei Wuxian got together back again they would adopt Wen Yuan as their own child and live life as a happy family. But now, looking Wei Wuxian and A-yuan with another man, ripped Lan Wangji's heart. It was too heart breaking to look at.

May be, he was going to faint, because Xue Yang held onto him harder and whispered, "Lan Wangji, are you ok?"

Lan Wangji turned to Xue Yan, and Xue Yang said, "Wipe your tears, we are in public."

Lan Wangji did not know he was crying. Now concentrating properly, he felt that his face was wet. He wiped away the tears as soon as possible and began walking towards the direction of Wei Wuxian.

"Lan Wangji, what are you doing? If brother knows that I brought you here, he will be furious."

"Don't worry. I will take care of it."

"Lan Wangji!" Xue Yang hissed but to no avail.

Lan Wangji was already halfway towards them and all he could do was hold him tighter so he wouldn't fall any minute.

"A-Yaun!" Lan Wangji called out.

Both Jin Guanyao and Wen Yuan were stunned to see him there but Lan Wangji noticed that Wei Wuxian did not look surprised as if he knew that he was here for some time now.

"Lan Gege...." A-Yaun jumped in happiness. He came running towards him, "Lan Gege, you woke up!" He was jumping up and down indicating Lan Wangji to carry him.

"A-Yuan, Lan Gege is not well, he cannot carry you." Xue Yang said.

"Oh... ok." And then, he saw that his seat was empty so he said, "Lan Gege, sit down." Pointing to his seat. But before Lan Wangji could say anything, Jin Guanyao spoke,

"Second Master Lan, I heard that you were not well. I hope you are doing good now."

"Mn." Lan Wangji replied.

"Alright then, you guys can enjoy. I just brought Lan Wangji to have a proper meal. We will get going." Xue Yang turned around to leave along with Lan Wangji.

Wei Wuxian, who had been watching everything from the corner and had been silent until now, was a little depressed because ever since Lan Wangji came, Lan Wangji did not even glance at his direction and did not speak anything with him like every other day, so he said,

"Xue Yang, I thought I asked you to keep Lan Wangji inside the cave and not to take him anywhere."

"Eh....." Xue Yang turned to face his brother. But to his surprise, Lan Wangji spoke and the way how Lan Wangji addressed his brother was more surprising.

"Please do not blame Xue Yang. He just wanted me to have something light and healthy 'cause he was worried that having something heavy wouldn't fir for me. I hope the Patriarch will forgive him." Lan Wangji said with a now slight bow.

"Patriarch....... Did I just hear it right?" Wei Wuxian thought to himself.

 Did I just hear it right?" Wei Wuxian thought to himself