# CHAPTER 14 #

Thanks for all your comments and votes for the last chapter.
Hope you all will enjoy this.

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:

"A-yang thinks that I can make it out alive until the end of this month. But I am not even sure if I would be alive after I use this."
Wei Wuxian sighed. He wasn't afraid of death. But he was afraid of how his brother would react to it. He could still remember his brother's words from earlier.
Wei Wuxian stared at his hand where the amulet was. A cold shudder ran through him just with a glimpse of it.

Once he was safe in his room, Nie Mingju took out the letter that he had received earlier.
"Everything is ready. Stuck to the plan. In case if anything goes wrong, inform me beforehand. I will only act in the last minute so look out for yourselves.
There is something else that I have to say you. My people cannot be attacked. They must be safe at any costs. I have already sent them to a safer place but still you have to be careful. After everything is over, you have to stand by me to protect them. Hahaha.. who am I talking to? Don't you always put justice before your life. Hope you would do the same now too.
If anything happens to me tomorrow, make sure you take care of them. I will leave them to you if my life is at stake.
I have said all that I had left to say. It is now your turn to act accordingly."
Nie Mingju sighed. Who knows what will happen in the future?

Wei Wuxian was in his room, getting ready for bed. With each and every little thing he did, he was reminded again and again that this would be the last time he would do those. He couldn't help but feel down with every little breath he took. All thanks to God that this wasn't the last breath he takes. Or he would have been terrible by now. Anyways, his last breath wasn't very far.

Wei Wuxian looked down at his hand where the Gusu Lan's ribbon used to be. He had been so used to where it now that he doesn't where it, he felt something missing on it. And he knew very well that even if it was a finger he wouldn't be this worried.

Wei Wuxian wished that Lan Wangji was here. He had always wished that Lan Wangji's presence beside him. But he never thought that he would spend his last days without Lan Wangji. Without the one and only love of his life who had made him smile than laugh. The one and only who had made him stutter when speaking. The one and only who had made him to.....

Wei Wuxian stopped thinking. He didn't know when tears ran down his cheeks but his face was already wet.
"Lan Zhan, I wish you were here...." He muttered to himself. And that was all that he could do.

Later that night, Wei Wuxian tossed and turned on his bed. He couldn't sleep. Things from the last kept haunting him and everything resulted in oozing out more tears if it was even possible.

Wei Wuxian was sitting by the window, thinking of the the things that had happened few hours ago.

Lan Wangji and he had come night hunting. It was said that an evil spirit was roaming around the forest at night. It disturbs the people who live a little nearby the forest. So along with Lan Wangji who had initially planned to go alone, he came to hunt down the evil spirit. After going through a lot of trouble, they had been able to hunt down the spirit but only to be said with a sad story.

Lan Wangji had asked,
"What do you want?"
"I want to find my husband." It had replied.
Lan Wangji played another few notes on his guqin and asked,
"Is your husband alive?"
"He is." The spirit replied.
Lan Wangji was on the verge to ask the next question when Wei Wuxian stopped him.
"Lan Zhan, ask it 'how did you die?'."
Lan Wangji imitated.

"My husband was a young merchant. He worked hard to earn money. We didn't have children because I had a disease. He took me to several doctors but we were always turned down as we didn't have that much of a money to pay. He worked even more harder and when finally we were able to convince a doctor to help us.