# CHAPTER 32 #

Wei Wuxian regretted his words

Wei Wuxian regretted his words. But there was nothing he could do about it. He was helpless.

Wei Wuxian turned around to leave now that Lan Wangji no longer held him and he feared that of he stayed any longer, he would confess his feelings too.

But before he could use his spiritual power to leave, Lan Wangji asked,

"Wei Ying, for how long do you plan on running away?"

"I am not running away! I am just trying to protect you!" Wei Wuxian screamed. He could not keep it in anymore.

Only by the look of Lan Wangji, Wei Wuxian understood that he had said it out loud.

"What have I done?" He asked himself.

Lan Wangji looked at Wei Wuxian for more than a minute and asked, finally,

"Wei Ying, what did you just say?"

Wei Wuxian avoided the eye contact. He tried to turn around but Lan Wangji kept him on place.

"Wei Ying, say it!"

"I did not say anything!"

"Wei Ying, look at me, look into my eyes, now tell me, what did you just say?"

"I told you I did not say anything!" Wei Wuxian screamed.

"Wei Wuxian!"

"Lan Wangji!"

Lan Wangji understood that he was being too hard on Wei Wuxian so he tried to calm down. He breathed in and out while holding Wei Wuxian's hand.

Once he had finally calmed down, Lan Wangji kissed the back of Wei Wuxian's hand and said,

"Wei Ying, I love you. I love you more than you could ever imagine. I love you from the bottom of my heart and I would do anything to prove it to you, if you give me a chance. I know I have committed grave mistakes in the past, I have failed you, I have mistreated you, I have wronged you and above all, I have broken your heart and trust that you had on me. I would wholeheartedly accept anything that you do to me in return for my misdeeds except for.... asking me to leave you. I cannot do that Wei Ying. I am sorry. I can no more stay away from you. I know I don't deserve neither you nor your love but I cannot help but be greedy. Yes, Wei Ying. I am in greed of you, your heart, your soul, your body and your love. I am in greed of you. You are mine and mine only. I am not ready to give up on you for someone else and neither am I going to let you leave me. Because although you don't accept it, no matter how much you say that you don't love me, your eyes speak the truth. Whenever you try to push me away, your eyes long for me to be close. Your eyes speak the truth Wei Ying and you know it too. You know what your heart wants. Your heart is screaming my name. But you deny it. I see the pain in your eyes for not being with me and I myself know how much it hurts to not be with your beloved. Wei Ying, I know the pain that you feel when you push me away every time and I swear, as long as I am alive, I will not let you feel pain anymore. I will stay by you, and never leave your side anymore. I promise this on my mother who would be watching us from heaven praying for our happiness.