# CHAPTER 04 #

Hope you all enjoy!
Good luck☘️

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        "No.... Stop it....!" Wei Wuxian screamed his lungs out. But the two Lan disciples refused to listen him.
      "Stop it.... Lan Zhan, tell them to stop it." He sobbed.
       Wei Wuxian summoned all the spiritual energy that he could summon which was even less than that of a mediocre cultivator. He did his best in keeping the ribbon in place which only resulted in him spitting out blood.
       "Lan Zhan...." He didn't know for who else he should turn to at this point of time.
       "Lan Zhan.... Please... Don't do this to me.... Pl.. please... L..Lan Zhan, hear me out only once. Please.... " He said through sobs. But everything was in vain. No one listened to him.

        Xue Yang watched all these. From how his dear brother begged to that Lan Wangji until how he spat out blood. The moment Wei Wuxian spat out blood, Xue Yang closed his eyes. He couldn't see it. He didn't want to see his brother in such a state.
         Xue Yang looked around. From everyone to anyone. And his eyes finally settled on Lan Wangji.
'You are gonna pay for this. All of you are gonna pay for this. Sooner or later, I will have my revenge. Revenge for everything that is happening now. None of you can escape my wrath.' He thought to himself.

       Time flew by. No one noticed that a hour had already passed because the scene in front of them was too melancholic. They never ever once in their life thought that such a day would come where Wei Wuxian will beg someone let alone Lan Wangji. Because Wei Wuxian had always been the powerful cultivator along with Lan Wangji in the younger generation. So there was not even a rumour where Wei Wuxian had bowed down his head to someone same age as him let alone begging.

         Wei Wuxian was too focused on the current problem that he almost forgot about his mother. And somehow he had been able to keep the ribbon in place and not let some random disciples touch it.
So when he heard Lan Qiren say,               "It's time for the execution." he was dumbfounded.
         He abruptly turned towards his mother who had been kneeling, head hanging low, and had been quiet the whole time.
        "N...no...." He panicked. They can't....

         Cangse Sanren was in a daze since last week after the incident. She still couldn't understand how things turned out the other way around. It was she who should be dead. Not... Not her best friend!
She was proved as a murderer. And now she was going to be executed. Anyone at her place would be horrified. But she wasn't. She was calmer than ever.
         She could no longer live as before even if her innocence was proved. All thanks to her friend. She had not only taken herself away but also this one's poor heart. She had already been a living dead after her husband's death. She wouldn't have made it up to this if it wasn't for her best friend. And now she too gone... No. She no longer wished to live. Even if she wasn't executed, she would still end up dead by her own ways.

        Some of the Lan disciples came forward. They went up to Cangse Sanren, who didn't even acknowledge their presence, and dragged her by the rope to the front where a sword was placed.

          Everyone looked intently with wide eyes. The moment they had waited for, had finally come. They couldn't miss a single thing.

         Sweat and tears covered Wei Wuxian. He couldn't believe his own eyes! His whole body trembled. His mother....his mother was going to be...
         "No... Stop it.. What do you think you are doing? It is my mother. You can't do anything to her. Take your hands off her!" He screamed with tears.
        "L..Lan Zhan.. tell them to stop it, please.. It is our mother, Lan Zhan. Did you forget? Lan Zhan, you can't let this happen.. Lan Zhan... Say something, will you? I beg you, Lan Zhan.." He was weeping more harder by now.
         "L...Lan Zhan.., didn't you.. you say, you want back your ribbon. I will...will give it back, Lan Zhan. I will give anything you want. Pl..please Lan Zhan, ju..just tell them to stop it. Please...."
          Lan Wangji looked deep into his eyes and asked,
        "Do you think I cannot have it back after the execution?"
         Wei Wuxian staggered backwards shaking his head. This was not his Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan wouldn't say such a thing. Lan Zhan....