# CHAPTER 09 #

Thanks for all your comments and votes for the last chapter 😘
Happy reading!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Are you digging your own grave?" And then the soldier whispered,
"It is the fiancée of General Wei."
"Fiancée?" Lan Wangji couldn't believe his ears. Was he dreaming or was it real?
The Wei Ying who just cried to him two days ago already had a fiancée? What was going on?
Lan Wangji couldn't stand. His knees went week. But he couldn't just loose his face in front of the Wen's. So he tried to maintain his composure.

"Sect leader Wen," the soldier beside him called out,
"I have the Lan prisoner as per your order."
It was then everyone in the hall turned towards Lan Wangji. But Lan Wangji didn't acknowledge any of them. His eyes were fixed only on Wei Wuxian and refused to move. His eyes were filled with questions and anger.

Upon hearing Lan Wangji's me, Wei Wuxian's breath hitched. He had done his best in avoiding the other for the last two days. He soon masked it.

Wei Wuxian was the last to turn towards Lan Wangji. But he couldn't take his eyes off the other for almost two seconds. Others wouldn't have noticed it, but Lan Wangji did. But he couldn't be gals about it. Just the thought that there was another woman by the other's side made his scream with anger.

"Oh... It's him." Wen Rouhan's voice brought the two of them back to reality.
Wei Wuxian turned towards Wen Rouhan while Lan Wangji still stared at Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian could feel the other's death glares at him. But he ignored it.
Wen Rouhan turned towards Wei Wuxian and asked,
"Your ex fiancé?"
"Sect leader Wen, don't mention it in the presence of my fiancée." He laughed it off.

Wen Rouhan then turned towards Lan Wangji and asked,
"Where did you find this piece of Yin iron?"
Lan Wangji expected it to come. He stayed silent. He was neither looking at Wei Wuxian or at anybody else. He kept his gaze low.
Wen Rouhan repeated the question and once again he was met with silent. Lan Wangji was stubborn. He understood. So he asked just to have the other's attention,
"Don't you want to know how Wei Wuxian came here and joined us?"
As expected, that took Lan Wangji's attention. He snapped hi head up towards Wen Rouhan. He didn't ask anything but his eyes were enough to express it all.
Wen Rouhan continued,
"He was on run with his brother when my son attacked the Nie's. We found him first and made a deal with him. He just needed that beauty in return." He said pointing towards the woman sitting beside Wei Wuxian.
"Wen Qing, meet Lan Wangji. After all, he is your future husband's past love." Wen Rouhan said laughing. Unexpectedly, Wei Wuxian too joined it.

At Qinghe.

"Sect leader, Zewu Jun had come to visit us."
"Zewu..... Bring him in and arrange a room for him. Soon."
"Yes."
Few minutes later, Lan Xichen came in. Nie Mingju didn't have to ask anything because a look at the other and everything could be said.
Nie Mingju went up to the other and said,
"Xichen, you don't have to say anything. I already know. For now, you have to take a rest. I have arranged a room for you. We will talk other things later."
"Thank you, Dage."
Lan Xichen could only say much. He was very grateful for his sworn brother and as long as the other understood it, it was more than enough.

It was later that evening after a long talk with Lan Xichen, Meng Yao understood that there was a high chance for Lan Wangji being held as a captive in Nightless City. Which meant that.....
Meng Yao soon took out a talisman from thin air and wrote something on it,
"Kill Lan Wangji."
He watched the talisman burn into ashes. And it was then finally a smirk settled on his face.

At Yunmeng.

"What do you mean by turning the Lotus Pier into your supervisory office?" Madam Yu roared.
"It means what it is." Wang Lingjao replied.
"Shut up. This is my home." Jiang Cheng barked.
"Seems like the Jiang's haven't taught their son properly. Madam Yu, what do you think?"
"Yes. Not taught properly. Everyone must know their place before speaking." And then Madam You turned towards her personal maids,
"Close the door or else the blood will flow all over the place."
Madam Yu said, her Zidian sparkling.
Wang Lingjao stood there smirking. But the next moment, she was already on the floor, crying with pain. Her face was being crushed by Madam Yu. The Wen soldiers, upon seeing this tried to rescue their master, when all of them was killed in one go by Madam Yu's personal maids.
"When did you get such a bravery? Weren't you just a servant? How come just a servant dare talk to me?" She crushed the other's face more harder.
"Yu Ziyuan...., you will regret this." Wang Lingjao said.
"Hahahaaaha, it's alright as long as you understand your place."
"Wen Zhuliu......" Wang Lingjao screamed with all her might.

A black figure came flying through the window. And it was then everything started.

Screams and cries could be heard everywhere. Blood and corpse could be seen anywhere. In the centre lay the two main figure of the Lotus Pier, Sect leader Jiang and Madam Yu, dead.

"Where are they?" Wen Chao asked his men.
"They are not to be seen anywhere, Young Master Wen." One of the men replied.
"Useless. You are all a bunch of useless idiots." Wen Chao spat throwing his cup at them.
"I don't know what you all do. But I want them before tonig...."
"Second Young Master Wen...."
"What are you shouting for?" Wen Chao asked.
"The sect heirs oh Jiang's are found."
Wen Chao stood up.
"Where are they?"
"In a Inn. In Yilling."
"Let's go."

In Qishan

Lan Wangji was again brought today to the main hall for inquiry. Yesterday, Lan Wangji had refused to answer anything related to Yin iron. But Wen Rouhan didn't give up. He was already furious. But he tried to act calm. After all, Lan Wangji was the last love of Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian was already enraged about breaking the latter's leg. So he had taken it upon himself in inquiring the other personally as to not to enrage the other more.
Wen Rouhan was loosing the little restrain that he had tried to control when Wei Wuxian entered. He was really grateful or else he would have done something he would regret forever.
"How is it going?"
"He refuses to say anything." Wen Rouhan replied.
"I see..." Wei Wuxian said back.
"What do you want to know actually?" Wei Wuxian asked again.
"The whereabouts of other pieces Yin iron." Wen Rouhan answered.
"Oh...."

Wei Wuxian turned around and faced Lan Wangji. With a swift motion, he placed a talisman on Lan Wangji. And then he asked,
"Where are the other pieces of Yin iron?"
"In...."
Before Lan Wangji could even answer, Wen Chao came with two prisoners in raw.
Wei Wuxian removed the talisman from Lan Wangji. Only then did Lan Wangji understand what happened. He was furious.

"Father, sorry for troubling you. But I just captured the sect heirs of the Jiangs. What do we do?"
"For what did you bring them here in the first place?" It was Wei Wuxian who asked.
Wen Chao turned towards Wei Wuxian and bowed.
"General Wei, I thought it would be useful if I captured. So I brought them here."
"Well.... It isn't bad."
"What?" Wen Chao asked, confused.
But Wei Wuxian ignored him. He walked past Wen Chao to the Lady Jiang. Lan Wangji knitted his eyebrows.

Wei Wuxian walked around Lady Jiang for some time until he finally settled in front of her.
"Wow. I have heard that Yunmeng had a lot of beautiful girls. But this is the first time I am agreeing with it." He winked.
"Don't you dare go near my sister."
Young Master Jiang, Jiang Cheng barked.
Wei Wuxian ignored him and turned towards Wen Rouhan.
"I want her." He simply stated.
Everyone's eyes widened. But Wen Rouhan soon masked it and replied,
"You can have anything as long as you state it."
Wei Wuxian smirked.
"That is more like it."

Lan Wangji was.... Well, nothing could describe his feelings and emotions that he felt then.

Jiang Cheng screamed,
"Who do you think you are? Don't you dare do anything to my sister. I will kill you if you touch her."
"Annoying..." Wei Wuxian thought.
"Well, I need him too." He stated once again.
That left Jiang Cheng speechless.

Only then did Lan Wangji find his voice to speak.
"WEI WUXIAN....!!!"
The person in name turned towards him and calmly called,
"Lan Wangji, how can I help you?"
"You are disgusting." Was the only thing Lan Wangji could say.
Lan Wangji wasn't sure if it was true but he saw a glint of sadness in Wei Wuxian's eyes. But what the other said him next, left him careless of it.
"Oh.... Am I?" Wei Wuxian asked back.
Lan Wangji was more than furious.
"Second Young Master Lan, how am I disgusting? I m just being a man. Don't tell me you...."
Wei Wuxian laughed. He then came closer to Lan Wangji and was about to round his hand around the other's shoulder but stopped in the air due to Lan Wangji's words which he wished to never hear it again.

"Don't lay your filthy hands on me."

-------------------------------------------------------

Done with the chapter. Hope you all like it!
Please don't forget to leave  comments and votes.

For more updates, stay tuned!

Stay safe and healthy 😇
Have a great day!