1| Boss

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Boss

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 1: Boss (Demi's POV)

"I'm going to kill him, I'm actually going to kill him," I huffed, setting my bag on the counter and looking at James, the team manager. 

"Shouldn't you be used to it by now? You've been working as his assistant for two years." He opened a chocolate bar, taking a bite out of it. 

"James. I don't think any amount of time could get me used to his behavior. Who does the things he does? It doesn't look like the rest of his teammates do." I turned around, walking to the huge glass window in James' office that looked down at the ice rink. 

I folded my arms across my chest, watching as Christian hit the puck, aiming to pass it to Cody but Vince cut between the two, swooping the puck away. It's like the puck is just drawn to him, two magnets with the strongest pull. And everyone knows by now, once Vince gets the puck, it's near impossible to steal it from him. He took his sweet time skating to the goal while the others gave up, groaning and cursing at him. I watched as he reached the goal and scored before turning back to the others and taking an exaggerated bow. 

Arrogant prick. 

"Should I just quit?" I asked myself. 

"No," James said quickly. 

I turned to him, letting my arms drop to my sides. "Why not?" 

He shook his head, throwing the wrapper away. "You know too much about Vince. Without you, his routine would fall apart and it would take too long to find a replacement and train them. You're his assistant, you're stuck with him now," he explained. 

"So what would you do if I said I wanted to quit?" I lifted a brow. 

"I'd say you can't." 

"You can't do that though." 

"Are you quitting, Demi?" 

"No, I'm just asking. Hypothetically," I gave him a plastic smile. 

"Do you have any idea how long it took us to find an assistant like you? Until you showed up for the interview, he had several assistants and none of them lasted beyond two weeks." 

"That's not true," I said pointedly. 

"Ah," he chuckled, "Mimi? She was his assistant for two years, just like you. She did her job well." 

"Why did she quit? Or was she fired?" 

"She was fired," he shrugged. 

"Why?" I questioned. 

He paused and looked at me. "She leaked Vince's private information to press for money." She broke employee contract rules. 

"So... she didn't quit because she couldn't handle Vince being an asshole for more than two years?" 

"Haha," he said sarcastically, "no."