25| Kiss

I changed the chapter name

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Kiss

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 25: Kiss (Demi's POV)

"God, that was one ugly piece I had to create," Gianna groaned, "she was one of those clients. The ones who just don't budge, you know?" 

I looked at Vince pointedly before looking back at her. "I know," I nodded. We both laughed, glancing over at Vince and Ace who were both drunk beyond return, sitting at the bar, and laughing. "So, do you have any idea when you're flying back?" I asked, glancing over to make sure Vince was okay and not falling off the stool at the stand-up bar here. 

"No, not yet. Ace still has work to do here and I'm going to stay with him." 

I nodded in understanding, looking at her. She was watching Ace. "You really love him, don't you?" My question was beyond out of bounds, I had no right to be asking that. But it was killing me. They look so... perfect together. It's beyond me. 

"Yeah, I do," she nodded with a smile. "Don't you love Vince?" 

"Um, we've only been together for nine months, so I don't know... We're just going slow." 

"You're going slow because it's only been nine months? Or because you're confused?" 

"Confused? About what?" I frowned. 

"About what's real and what's fake," she smiled. 

I stared at her. Is it that obvious? I told him we'd make an unbelievable couple and not in a good way. I sighed, glancing over at him. His head was down on the counter. 

"Don't worry, I won't tell. I'm good at keeping secrets. But... why?" 

"Because of the scandal." 

"So something did between you two that was real and not fake?" 

I nodded sheepishly. 

"Who cares?" She shrugged, scoffing. "Who cares that you were his assistant at the time, it's nobody's business." 

"His career was on the line, I had to help him somehow." 

"It was your idea?" 

"No," I said slowly. "His." 

She paused, glancing at him. "So then not everything is fake, is it? Do you like him?" 

"I trust him." 

"But do you like him?" 

"No," I said quickly, laughing awkwardly and shaking my head. 

"You sleep with men you don't like, Ms. Demi?" She lifted a brow, smirking at me. 

"No," I mumbled, fidgeting with my earring.