2| Game

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Game

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 2: Game (Vince's POV)

She turned the car off once she parked, pulling the keys out and handing them to me. "I'll come tomorrow at nine, you have practice at nine-thirty. Then you have lunch with your mom at one o'clock, and then evening practice from six to eight. You're still going to lunch with your mom, right?" 

I don't cancel dinners because of my mom, I cancel because of my dad. "Yes, I am, Tiffany," I sighed. 

"Do you need me to cook dinner?" 

"Not tonight." 

"Okay. Bye, then. Night." 

I climbed out and she followed suit. I locked the car and she walked out of the apartment complex entrance, hailing herself a cab to get home. I turned around, walking inside and heading up to my apartment. 

"Mr. Hunter," the doorman, Mr. Harris greeted me. 

"Mr. Harris," I nodded, saluting him with two fingers before getting to the elevator, climbing in. I swiped the key card and pressed the button to the penthouse. Without swiping the key card in the elevator, nobody can get access to the penthouse. I arrived upstairs, dropping the duffel bag on the couch, and headed upstairs to my room. Before I could reach my room, my phone buzzed in my pocket with a call. I pulled it out, reading her name flashing on my phone. She must have forgotten to tell me something, as usual. "Yes, Tiffany?" I sighed. 

"I forgot to tell you. Your mom has invited one of her friends and her daughter for lunch, so they'll be joining you." 

"So will you," I replied, walking into my room, heading for the closet. 

"Excuse me?" she asked. 

"You know the rules, Tiffany." 

"There are no rules about your lunches with your mother. I accompany you when you need me, that doesn't mean I have to every time." 

"You accompany me when I say you do, that's the rule. So, make sure you do." 

"Vince, I really don't think I should." 

"And why is that?" I put the phone on speaker, placing it on the bed while changing out of my clothes and into grey sweatpants. 

"I think this lunch is meant to, um, introduce you to your mom's friend's daughter. Potentially so you could date her, you know?" 

"I don't think my mother gets to decide who I date. Be prepared to come with me and sit there throughout that lunch. I suffer, so do you," I said, picking up the phone and putting it to my ear. 

"What a caring boss you are," she said sarcastically. 

"Is that all?" I asked, waiting for her to hang up. 

"One more thing." 

"Yes?" 

"The game this weekend. Are you not going in the bus for this game either?" Ah, right. The game this weekend.