17| Family

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Family

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 17: Family (Demi's POV)

That same day, after Vince left for evening practice, I continued packing until I was done with half of my room. Now, I only had my clothes, a few personal things, and my vanity and bathroom left to pack up, then I could move onto the furniture, decide where to sell it or if I wanted to leave it in the apartment. 

I just came out of the shower, ready to take some rest before making dinner for myself. That was the plan but then Vince called and decided to ruin it. "Yes?" I asked, lying on my bed, the towel unraveling from my hair. 

"I need your help," he said. 

I paused. "With what? I'm not your assistant until tomorrow, you know." 

"That's a little too late considering I'm already here." 

I sat up in confusion as my doorbell rang. "You're kidding me," I mumbled before hanging up on him and walking to the door, pulling it open. He was standing there, wearing a pair of jeans with a white v-neck. "What is it?" I asked, stepping aside. 

He walked in and I turned to face him, closing the door behind me. "My parents have called me for dinner tonight and you're coming with me." 

I shook my head immediately. "No. I've already told you before, I can't just—" 

"You're my girlfriend now." 

I shut up, staring at him. 

"My parents need to know before we tell the public." 

"Wait a minute, we're lying to your parents too?" 

"Did you expect us to tell them the truth?" 

"Uh... yeah?" 

"No." 

"Why not?" 

"Because I know how my parents are. They wouldn't let me do something like this, they'd criticize me, actually. And tonight's dinner, I can't get out of." 

"Why not?" I repeated.

"Because they're being stubborn. Demi, you have to come with me." 

I sighed, looking down at myself. "Look at me. I'm not in a 'dinner with parents' condition." 

"So... change?" He shrugged. 

I groaned, shaking my head. "No. Find someone else to go with you." 

He stared at me in disbelief. "Find someone else to introduce as my girlfriend to my parents and then introduce you as my girlfriend to the world? That makes sense, doesn't it?" 

I let out a huff. "Vince, you can't throw things like this at me last minute and then expect me to just—" 

"That's exactly what you did as my assistant."