20| Cheerleader

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Cheerleader

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 20: Cheerleader (Vince's POV)

"Cheer," I said and then chugged some water. 

"Ch-cheer?" 

I nodded, watching her as I drank water. "It's time to get your face on the big screen, Tiffany. Cheer," I smirked, closing the bottle and putting it away. 

She took a look at the crowd and then back at me. 

"You'll be fine," I reassured. "Cheer how you cheered standing next to Peters." 

"I wasn't your girlfriend standing next to coach Peters," she said through gritted teeth. 

Since we were sitting alone here now, the others in the locker room to take a breather, I was able to grab her hand and pull her to sit beside me on the couch. "You cheered just fine as an assistant." 

She turned to stare at me. She paused and then her brows furrowed. "You confuse me," she said. 

"Why?"

"Because you never act like this. But when you're playing a game and you're winning, you get happier. You're nicer," she explained. "It's different." 

"Good different?" I asked, nudging her hat up with my finger. 

She nodded slowly. "Good different." We heard a few reporters rushing over and I pulled her hat back down while she angled herself a little more so she was leaning into me, facing me with her side to the cameras. She pulled up a hand, blocking the cameras. "I can't believe I'm doing this with you," she huffed. 

"I think it's a fair deal, don't you?" I whispered, leaning in to whisper in her ear. "You get what you want, I get what I want." 

She held my gaze. "Couldn't you have chosen some other pretty little rich girl to do this for you?" She brought up her other hand, wiping my brow. 

"I don't want a pretty little rich girl. I want you, didn't I make that clear earlier?" I asked, grabbing her hand and holding onto it. 

"This is ridiculous. What we're doing," she said quietly. 

"It's working, ridiculous or not. Why? Do you want to call it off?" 

"No," she said quickly. "No, I don't." 

I glanced at the timer on the big screen. We had only a couple of minutes left. "The guys will be out soon, you should get back to the stands," I mumbled. 

She nodded slowly and stood up, fixing the jersey that was huge on her, and kept her head down as security held reporters back while she rushed back to the stand. 

The guys came out and sat with me on the couch and loveseat out here. "I can't believe you talked poor Demi into this," Michael mumbled, all of us pulling our skates back on.