22| Confirm

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Confirm

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 22: Confirm (Vince's POV)

I was sitting in the makeup chair in the green room while a hairstylist blow-dried my hair and the brand's stylist brought in all the outfits I'm meant to have pictures taken in. They brought in the entire rack and Demi stood up from where she was sitting on the couch, going through all the outfits once. 

"Anything else you need?" the stylist asked. 

"No, we already checked to make sure the outfits fit, so we're all good, thank you," Demi replied with a smile. 

The stylist looked between us but didn't comment and just walked out. The photographer came in to check and glanced at the outfits once, my hair once. He was pretty quiet but I watched through the mirror as his eye got caught on Demi who was arranging the outfits in order. I stopped scrolling through my phone and listened to their conversation. 

"You're Demi Vaughn, aren't you?" 

She glanced at him, giving the polite smile she offers everybody. "Yeah." 

"Oh, how come you're here?" 

"I'm sorry?" she asked in confusion. 

"Uh, I read recently in the papers that you aren't his assistant anymore, but..." he trailed off with an awkward chuckle. "Are you just here to watch?" 

"Oh, yeah. I'm just here to keep him company. It's just a habit," she laughed, stepping back from the rack of clothes. 

"Oh, no problem, that's fine. As long as he's comfortable with the clothing." 

"Everything's good," she nodded. 

He glanced at me and then back at her, hesitating. 

"You can ask," I said suddenly, startling him. "You look like you have a question on the tip of your tongue." 

He chuckled awkwardly. "It's private. I shouldn't be asking." 

"You can ask," Demi shrugged, "it's not like you'll leak it to the public. Right?" She lifted a brow. 

His smile slipped a little. "Of course not." 

Her eyes met mine in the mirror and she gave me a small shrug. 

"Ask," I repeated. 

"Are you two... together? Officially? Can you confirm or deny that? It's all right if you can't, I understand. I'm just curious." 

I stood up as my hair was finally done. And it looked the exact fucking same, just... fluffier. I walked over to the rack, grabbing the first outfit. "We can confirm," I mumbled, eyeing the outfit. It was a simple tracksuit with its logo on the left side of the front. 

"Really?" His eyes widened. "You're dating?" 

"It's a secret," Demi said. "Don't tell anyone."