13| Stalker

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Stalker

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 13: Stalker (Demi's POV)

"Another day, another apartment hunt fail?" Vanessa asked me on the phone while I walked home. 

"It was a very discouraging day for me today, Vanessa, don't rub salt in the wound." 

"Bite me," she teased while laughing. "What happened?" 

I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I saw some of the filthiest apartments with delusional people demanding rent higher than my current apartment. I saw some good apartments too but I didn't go to see them alone and there was a couple who was willing to pay higher rent, so they got it. The landlord called just to remind me in advance to pay him rent if I'm staying by the end of the month, and if anything else happened, I swear I'll kill somebody," I gritted out, grinding my molars. 

"Relax," she sang, "where did you go afterward?" 

"To buy candy." 

She paused. "Okay?" It was a question. "Then eat some candy, take a breath. It's a new dawn, it's a new day tomorrow. I'm sure you'll find an apartment. If not, I'll tell you what, move in with me." 

"You already have a roommate." 

"You can... crash on the couch? At least until you find yourself a real job and apartment." 

I held the phone between my ear and shoulder while taking out a lollipop, stopping by a trash can to toss the wrapper before popping the lollipop into my mouth. 

"I know you can't do much for an architecture company but my boss's assistant was just fired if you want to try." 

"No," I mumbled, "I'd get fired on the first day. I don't know the first thing about architecture. Being someone's assistant is such a big job, I'd faceplant into failure," I complained before putting the lollipop back in my mouth as I reached my apartment building. It was then that I noticed the car parked a few feet behind the apartment building entrance. I know that number plate, I drove that car everywhere, every day for two years straight. "Uh, I just got home, so I'll call you back, Nessa." 

"Okay." 

I didn't wait for her bye and just hung up, quickly walked to the window, bending to look through the window, even though I knew they were tinted and I wouldn't be able to see since it was dark out already. I knocked it three times and it rolled down, revealing Vince's familiar face. 

He had on one of his usual full-sleeve, black fitted v-necks and he had sunglasses on his head. It's seven in the evening, he doesn't need those sunglasses. "Get in the car," he ordered. 

"No," I hissed. 

"Get out of here." 

"Demi, you have to come back." 

"I said no, how many times do I have to tell you?" 

He shot me a look.