34| Changed

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Changed

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 34: Changed (Vince's POV)

I woke up to my alarm ringing at five the next morning. I quickly turned it off, sighing as I rubbed my eyes. I have to go to the gym, goddamn it. 

I looked down at where her head lay on my chest with one arm thrown over my torso and one leg tangled with mine under the covers. I didn't move and watched her for a moment. 

It surprised me when she told me she loved me and it surprised me, even more, when I found myself saying it back. But it's true. I fell in love with her amidst all this chaos and I didn't even realize it until she said it. I thought I just liked her, but it was when she suggested ending this that I realized it was beyond that. I was in love with her. More than I realized, so much that it scared me a little. 

I pressed a faint kiss to her lips before sliding out of bed and changing into a pair of fresh sweatpants and a v-neck. I grabbed a water bottle, put on some shoes, and then tiptoed out, going to the gym. It's still really early and I didn't want to wake her up. 

I worked out for an hour and a half with my trainer, since that's all we planned, and then I went back upstairs. I had an apple, took a quick shower, changed, and went right back to bed beside her. 

She stirred when I sat back down, holding the covers up and squinted one eye open. "Did you go to the gym?" she mumbled. 

"Mm-hmm," I nodded, lying down and pulling her into me. 

She hummed in response, closing her eyes again and shuffling closer to me, her face in the crook of my neck. I could feel her chest rise and fall with each breath as she dozed back off. I closed my eyes, putting an arm around her, and went back to sleep. 

"Vince," I heard her whisper. 

I hummed in response, still half asleep. I don't know how many hours it's been since I went back to bed, but I'm not done sleeping just yet. 

"You have practice, come on," she mumbled a little louder this time. I groaned, opening one eye, and looked at her. She was lying on top of me, her chin resting on my chest. She grinned. "Hi." 

I chuckled softly, "Hi." I moved my hands down, resting them on her hips and then moving them lower to her butt. 

"Come on, get up. We have to go for practice. Coach canceled evening practice today, he has something going on at home, so you're free later today." 

I blinked, staring at her. "And what will we do then?" 

She stared at me before slowly smiling. "Whatever we want." 

I lifted my head, leaning in and she climbed off of me, making me groan. "Come on, get up, let's move it. We can come back and do these things." She stood up and I glanced at her outfit. She had on a dress today. A pretty dress. 

"You look really pretty," I mumbled, my eyes slowly coming back to hers. 

She grinned.