37| December

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

December

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 37: December (Demi's POV)

It's finally here. The month of December. Christmas time, Christmas decorations time, stockings, gifts, setting up a tree. I adore Christmas. Always have, always will, ever since I was a kid. 

Christmas is huge within my family, bigger than Thanksgiving for sure. Back home, for Thanksgiving dinner, it was always just me and my parents, but for Christmas, we'd call the whole family in. Aunts and uncles flying in, cousins coming to visit, the whole thing. We still haven't decided if I'll stay around for his last game for the season and fly my parents in or if I'll be leaving, I need to bring that up soon. 

I also need to buy him a gift. I've been thinking of what to get him and I can't settle on anything. I mean, there's nothing the man doesn't already have, so I want it to be something meaningful. I was talking about it with Vanessa and she said I should buy him something that he could always remember me by. Jewelry was the first thing that came to mind, even though he doesn't wear it often. 

Vince prefers minimalistic and permanent jewelry. If he puts it on, it's never coming off. So, if I decide to buy him jewelry, it'll be something simple, for sure. We're setting up the tree today on December first and I couldn't be more excited about it. Vince knows it too since I've been chanting it all day. 

"I'm so excited!" I squealed one more time. It was pretty chilly out today, so I had on an emerald green velvet tracksuit and Vince was wearing a simple black hoodie with joggers while he carried in the bag of Christmas decorations that we just bought. 

"I can tell," he mused, walking over and kissing the side of my head before we walked to the couch. 

We took all the decorations out and then split up duties. "You can do the upstairs," I said, "I'll do the living room and kitchen. But there are spots I can't reach, so you have to help me." I grinned sheepishly. 

"Sure," he smiled, nodding. He grabbed a single mistletoe. "I'll hang these up everywhere." 

"Why?" I laughed softly, grabbing some battery-operated lights to hang around the room. 

"So I have an excuse to kiss you everywhere in the house," he smirked, pecking my lips and then rushing upstairs with his bag of decorations. 

I smiled to myself and started decorating. 

We spent the entire freaking day decorating. It was around six in the evening when I thought about going to buy his gift. He's busy right now, so he probably won't think anything of it. I was done with decorating the kitchen and living room, I had to call Vince to reach some corners near the ceiling and hang up a mistletoe. We still had the tree to decorate but we'd do that later today. I stood up, ran upstairs, and found him hanging the third mistletoe in the hallway. I laughed, walking up to him. 

"Hello," he mumbled, his arms up as he stood on his toes, taping it up neatly so the tape wasn't visible. I stood in front of him, putting my arms around his waist. He pulled his arms down and kissed me.