16| Signed

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Signed

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 16: Signed (Vince's POV)

I sniffed quickly, opening my locker to grab my bag. We just ended practice half an hour ago. I planned to freshen up, pick up the contract that I already had drafted by my own lawyer, along with an NDA. I thought signing just an NDA would be fine but I didn't want Demi to back out on me halfway through, so I had a full, proper contract made. 

I plan to pick that up and then go to Demi's apartment because we need to do this fast. I want her to pack up and move out of her apartment as soon as possible because when she's living in my building, she'll be around me more, she'll be seen around me more, and when finally people approach me for an interview, we'll be able to start our plan. 

I got dressed in an empty changing room, grabbed my bag, took my car keys out of it, and headed out. I was nearly at the exit when I heard James calling me from the top of the staircase. I turned around, sighing. 

"Come here!" 

I rolled my eyes and jogged upstairs, entering his office. 

"Where are you going?" 

"Why?" 

"I need to know if you spoke to Demi about... what we planned." 

My eyes narrowed at his movement. He seemed uncomfortable. "Are you asking as my manager or her friend?" 

He looked at me, our eyes meeting. "I'm worried," he huffed. 

"About her or me?" 

"About both of you. I don't want this plan to backfire for you, your career is on the line. And she's my friend, so..." He shrugged nonchalantly. 

"I'm going to see her right now," I replied. "But she knows, I told her yesterday." 

"What did she say?" 

"She'll do it but she has a few conditions." 

"Sign a contract and an NDA," he suggested. 

"I already had those made, I'm going to pick them up right now," I answered. 

He nodded slowly. "All right. Keep me updated." 

I nodded before turning around and leaving, getting into my car, and driving to my lawyer's office. It was a short drive and I walked in, over to the reception where I was greeted by his assistant. 

"Hi," she beamed up at me. 

"I'm here to see Ashton," I said. 

"He's free right now, no clients, you can go in." 

I walked down the hall and didn't bother to knock on his door, pushing it open and walking to his table, sitting in the chair across from him.