10| Fail

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Fail

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 10: Fail (Vince's POV)

The first month and the first new assistant? Fail. 

"Sir, sir, sir!" 

I stopped on my way to the car, turning to her. "Yes?" 

"Your sandwich. I'm so sorry it's late, the place down the street you said you wanted it from had a long queue and they were short on staff today, so I—" 

"I don't care very much for your explanation, but now that you've started telling the story, do finish it." I folded my arms across my chest, listening. 

She hesitated, "I went to a different place and got what was best." She held out the brown paper bag, giving me a weak smile. 

I sighed, not wanting to give her more of a hard time than I already had. I took the sandwich out and put the wrapper in the bag. "What kind of sandwich is this?" I mumbled before taking a bite. 

"The best one they have. It has ham, turkey—" 

I spat it back out into the bag, throwing the rest of it inside. I stared at her in disbelief. "Tiff—" I stopped myself. "What was your name again?" 

"Talia." 

"Talia." I handed her the bag. 

She took it, grimacing. 

"Did you read the meal plan I sent you?" 

"Pardon?" 

"I don't eat red meat," I bit out. "Ham? Is red meat." 

She groaned, "Sorry. I'm so sorry, I forgot. I should have just gone to your usual place, they know your order. I apologize." 

"Your apologies don't buy me lunch, Ms. Talia." I turned to unlock the car when she stuttered a question. 

"Is, um... Please excuse me for asking this, it may be dumb, but is bacon red meat too?" 

I watched her for a minute. "Do you cook?" 

She shook her head. 

"I'll answer you, don't worry," I shrugged. "It is." 

She nodded in understanding, her lips forming an 'O' in realization. 

"And one more thing, Talia."

"Yes, sir?" 

"You're fired." 

The second month and the second assistant? Fail. 

"How could you be so late?" James huffed as I rushed in through the studio doors, heading to the dressing room.