32| Real

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Real

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 32: Real (Vince's POV)

We all sat on the grass and lay down at the end of the event, panting. Every single one of us, the only person who was able to stand was their coach. I threw an arm over my eyes and rested one hand on my chest, catching my breath.

"Vince!"

I groaned as two kids came and sat beside me.

One of them was the little girl who very rudely asked me to tie her laces and then gave me the prettiest smile with a 'please' when I told her to say please, and the other was a little boy who seemed to be this girl's best friend.

"Yes, Lilly?" I asked.

"Are you tired?" Zach lifted his brows at me. These elementary kids have a little too much attitude for their own good. But I was just like this growing up.

"Aren't you?" I frowned in confusion.

They both shook their heads despite panting loudly. I laughed softly as they both stood back up and began chasing each other around. There wasn't a single person here, we didn't even spare the coach, who wasn't covered in paint. Most of us washed it off our faces for the most part, but we were doused in paint.

"Mr. Hunter."

I looked up as Demi towered over me, holding a chilled bottle of water out for me to take. She wiped off the paint from her face but she still had some streaks on her cheek and in her hair. I sat up, grabbing her wrist and pulling her down.

She chuckled softly as I pulled her into my lap, resting my chin on her shoulder while she sat with her back facing me and drank her own water. She turned, sitting sideways, and picked at my hair. "You have paint everywhere," she mumbled focusing on dragging the dried paint out with her nails, flicking it off.

"So do you," I mumbled, rubbing the blue streak on her cheek but it didn't budge. We need to take a shower when we get home.

"You should get a picture taken with the kids and then we should head out, rest up a bit. Tonight will be a long night, we both know how long your mom's parties last," she reminded me, eliciting a groan from me. She stared at me, a small smile on her face.

"What?" I asked.

"You look kind of cute. With paint everywhere. You're more out of breath than you are after a game. And you had fun with the kids today. Admit it. You don't hate kids as much as you think you do."

I grumbled, looking around the field.

"Admit it," she whined, digging her elbow in my abs.

My eyes traveled across her face, going back to her cheek and the blue paint on it. I grabbed her by the jaw, bringing her cheek to my lips, avoiding the paint despite it being dry, and kissed her hard on the cheek.

She squealed, trying to pull away but failing.

I smiled against her skin, laughing as I pulled away.