3| Her

I changed the chapter name

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Her

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 3: Her (Demi's POV)

I sat on the living room couch, resting my head back and staring at the ceiling while waiting for Vince to get dressed and come downstairs so we could leave for lunch with his mom. 

He seems dead set that he won't let me get away with this and he will drag me to that table if he has to, but he will not go to that lunch without me. I'm afraid this isn't the first time he's doing this and it won't be the last. It's happened numerous times. Whenever his mother calls me to tell me that she's reserved a table for Vince, herself, and one of her friends along with her daughter, I have to convey that message to Vince. And when Vince hears that some other girl who his mom is trying to set him up with is going to be there, he decides to take me along. 

Why? Because the man simply doesn't date. He just doesn't date, he has no interest in it, he has no desire to have a girlfriend, he has no desire to commit to one girl. Now, Vince is no casanova but with his looks and status, girls swarm around him as bees do around honey. He can have any girl he wants for a night with the flick of his finger and he does exactly that. Whenever he wants a lay, he goes to a bar or a party he's invited to... or not invited to, and he finds someone to take to a hotel. A hotel because he doesn't bring girls here to the penthouse. It's another one of his many icks. 

I don't like a lot of things that he does but I've learned to keep that to myself because no matter how much I scold him, in the end, he only says one thing. That I should keep my opinion to myself and follow his orders because he's my boss. That's it. And to be honest, he's not exactly wrong about that. The things he does may be wrong but at the end of the day, I'm just an assistant and what I say really doesn't matter because he doesn't give a single fuck about what I or anybody else thinks. 

I lifted my head, hearing him coming downstairs. I stood up, grabbing my purse and straightening out the red sundress I chose for the day. 

His mother loves picking people's outfits apart, so looking bad in front of her doesn't exactly do me favors. He walked over wearing black trousers with a black button-up but his sleeves were unbuttoned. He stopped in front of me, holding his hands out. 

I resisted an eye roll and buttoned up his sleeves. I glanced up and saw that his collar was crooked too. I stepped forward, still drastically shorter than him, even in the red heels. I fixed his collar while he pulled out his phone, replying to a text. 

"She's already at the restaurant," he said. 

I stepped back, taking the keys off the coffee table. "Let's go." He walked ahead of me and we went downstairs, heading to his car. I climbed into the driver's seat, starting the car and driving to Malibu Delights, his mom's favorite restaurant in this area. Luckily, the drive was barely five minutes, so we didn't keep Ms. Blythe waiting too long. I had to be very careful about that when I first joined. Ms. Not Mrs. 

She and Mr. Graham got a divorce when Vince was just ten and while his dad had custody, Vince is a lot closer to his mom. Mr. Graham and Vince don't see eye to eye, in fact, I can't remember a single meeting they had which didn't end in an argument.