39| Warning

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Warning

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 39: Warning (Demi's POV)

"You're free today too," I said while we walked from the stadium after his practice to the car. 

Our hands were locked and for once, he was the one rocking them back and forth. "Hmm," he nodded as we reached the car and he opened the passenger door for me. He leaned down and pecked my lips before I got in the car. He started the car and was just about to start driving when his phone rang. He sighed, picking it up from the cupholder and reading the name. He stared at the screen, blinking. He dropped the phone in my lap and drove off. I picked up the phone and read 'Dad' on the screen. 

"Vince—" 

"I don't talk to him, Demi, you know that. Just take the message." 

"Vince, as far as they know, I'm just your girlfriend. It'll be weird if I answer the phone, they don't know I'm also your assistant, come on. Just talk to him. Take the message." 

He glanced at me and sighed, answering the phone from the car's Bluetooth system. "Hello?" he asked, keeping his eyes on the road. 

"Do you have plans today?" his dad asked immediately. 

Vince hesitated. "No... why? What do you want?" 

"I need to speak with you. Where are you right now?" 

"Speak with me about what?" 

"Just answer the question, Vince. Where are you?" 

He rolled his eyes, his jaw clenching. "I'm on my way home from practice." 

"Then come right now. It's urgent." 

"What do you mean it's urgent?" 

"It's urgent means it's urgent, what do you think it means, Vince? I'm being serious, get over here." 

He huffed and made a u-turn, heading to his Dad's house. "I'm coming to your house, not your office. If you're not there, then... tough," he shrugged. 

"I'm at home. Just hurry over. And if your mother calls, don't tell her." 

"What?" Before Vince could ask any more questions, his dad hung up the phone. Only for it to ring again a moment later. "What?" Vince asked, knowing it was his dad. 

"Is Demi with you?" 

"Yes." 

"Good. Hurry." And then he hung up again. 

Vince and I looked at each other in confusion. "What do you think he has to say?" I asked. 

"I don't know. Let's find out." We arrived at the house and were let in by the housekeeper, who pointed us to Mr. Graham's study. We walked there and I was about to knock when Vince just pushed it open and took my hand, pulling me inside with him. I didn't say anything and sat beside him in the two chairs. "What?" Vince asked.