7| Mistake

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Mistake

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 7: Mistake (Demi's POV)

The night started with the other assistants telling me, "If Demi doesn't drink tonight, then we aren't either!" 

And I tried arguing. "Guys—" 

"No, no, no!" Lucy yelled, already half tipsy. She's Logan's assistant. And she holds her liquor just like him. Barely. "It's not fair! Not fair, not fair, not fair! He works you too hard!" She grabbed my arm, stumbling. "You drink, we drink! It's a party! We won the game!" 

"Here." I looked over at Amelia, holding out a gin and tonic for me. "Or here," she shrugged, holding another glass. "Gin versus rum. Your choice," she grinned. 

I grabbed the rum. It makes me tipsy. And tonight, I'm tired of following his stupid rules. My stupid boss and his stupid rules. 

In the two years, I've worked for him, he's never let me drink at an after-game party. God knows what it is. He makes me watch the bartender make his drink like a hawk because he's too paranoid but too lazy to come watch or even order it himself. 

Tonight, I'm getting at least tipsy. I can't get wasted, but just a little, teeny, tiny bit tipsy. At least that's what I thought. But then I had one glass of rum, and another, and another. And then Vince pulled me down next to him and I couldn't hide the drunk, hazy look that I had on my face. I kept my hands in my lap, watching his glass, just waiting for him to finish the drink so I could take up to his room, throw him on the bed, and lock him in there. He is the devil, I'm telling you. 

"Bye, beautiful," Cody slurred, waving at me and then leaving with Caroline. 

Now it was just Christian, his assistant Maya, Michael and his assistant Amelia, and Vince and me. "Shall we all call it a night then?" Michael asked. Michael was only slightly tipsy. 

Christian was drunk but not wasted. Maya stayed sober for the most part. She's a good assistant and I'm pretty sure she's half in love with Christian. 

Then there's Amelia. She's pretty responsible, maybe the most responsible one. And I'm completely sure Michael is in love with her. She's tipsy at the moment. Maya led Christian out and Michael stood up, turning to Amelia. He nudged her knee. "Amelia?" 

She hummed, her eyes closed. 

He sighed and bent down, grabbing her arm and pulling her up. "Amelia," he sang, shaking her. 

She opened her eyes and straightened up. "Sorry." 

He watched with a smile before nodding slowly. "No problem. Shall we?" 

She grabbed her purse and moved to leave but stumbled and grabbed his arm on instinct. He let her and guided her out, joining Christian and Maya in the elevator. 

I blinked a few times, forcing my eyes to stay open. "Vince." I turned to him. He was practically lying on the couch. I looked down, feeling his arm around my waist. I sighed and stood up, pulling my purse across my body, throwing it behind me. He fell over, his head resting on the arm of the couch. "Oh no," I mumbled. I grabbed his shoulders and grunted, forcing him to sit up while struggling to maintain my balance. "Vince," I sang, sitting back down and shaking him lightly, slapping his cheek.