9| Sorry

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Sorry

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 9: Sorry (Demi's POV)

I parked the car at our own stadium, climbing out and closing the door behind me. Vince climbed out of the passenger seat, sighing. I walked ahead of him, running a hand through my hair while making my way inside and straight up to James' office. 

Right before we left from New York, James called me and said he wants to see Vince and me in his office as soon as we get back, so rather than driving him home, I drove straight to our rink, where James' office was. I stopped at the door, yanking it open and holding it for Vince while I stared blankly ahead. 

He walked over, stopping in front of me. It seemed like he wanted to say something but he decided against it, sighed again, and kept walking. Good. 

I don't want to hear anything from him right now. I don't even want to hear anything from myself. What the hell was I thinking? Vince wasn't right when he yelled at me this morning but he also wasn't wrong. I should have stopped him, I was a little less drunk than him but I was still drunk nonetheless. And I didn't lie when I told him that I didn't stop just because I didn't want to. I really didn't want to stop. 

But neither did he and knowing him, he'll walk into that office, throw it all on me, play the victim and say he was drunk and had no idea what he was doing. 

I rolled my eyes as we walked up the stairs. Vince, of course, pushed the door and strolled right in without knocking. I walked in behind him, closing the door behind me slowly. 

James was on the phone with someone while typing on his computer. "Isn't there anything you could do to get the article off your website, Mr. Thomas?" His eyes flicked over to me and shined with disappointment. He shook his head, turning back to his computer. "That's not what you said a couple of seconds ago," he barked, "I want that article off your site now unless you'd like to be in trouble as of legalities, Mr. Thomas. Stick to your fucking word." He slammed the phone down and used the mouse to send off an email before turning to us. 

I remained standing by the door while Vince went and sat in the chair across from James. 

He turned to me and then nodded to the chair. "Sit." 

I walked over, pulled the chair, and plopped down. 

He stared between us, shrugging and lifting his hands. "What the fuck happened?" 

I sunk into my chair while Vince huffed, gazing out the window. 

"I asked you both something. What the fuck happened?" he repeated, taking a deep breath and keeping himself calm. "Demi?"

"We..." I stared at him. "We were drunk." 

"Both of you?" 

"Yeah," I mumbled. 

"Why both of you?" 

"It was the after-game party," I explained.